Thread: HD Everio GZ-HD30 - playing problems.

Default HD Everio GZ-HD30 - playing problems.

hello all,

I have recently bought a HD Everio HZ HD-30 video camera.

I have uploaded the software to the pc etc.

The camera is great, however when i go to view my videos, using the 'powercinema ne' software, and click on browse files, when i go to look at a video, it says 'this file cannot be played'.

I have looked around in the F: folder in my computer where the camera is hooked up. but the videos don't seem to be there, and alot of the files seem to have an icon which suggests the file hasnt uploaded properly and some of the files will not open.

pretty new to cameras and such, so any advice would be brilliant,

thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MWoods View Post
    hello all,

I have recently bought a HD Everio HZ HD-30 video camera.

I have uploaded the software to the pc etc.

The camera is great, however when i go to view my videos, using the 'powercinema ne' software, and click on browse files, when i go to look at a video, it says 'this file cannot be played'.

I have looked around in the F: folder in my computer where the camera is hooked up. but the videos don't seem to be there, and alot of the files seem to have an icon which suggests the file hasnt uploaded properly and some of the files will not open.

pretty new to cameras and such, so any advice would be brilliant,

thanks.
    Hi, unsure if this helps as i'm also new to this camcording. I have the Everio GZ HD-30 model (unsure if you meant GZ or HZ), anyway I connect to the PC using USB, then when I turn on the cam and chose "transfer to pc" it first verifies the usb connection then automatically opens the Power Cinema software. I then chose the Everio drive to transfer and away to go.. Upon completion I locate the folder I chose to save the mts files and can open with windows media. I'm still figuring out how to transfer the mts files to dvd so my family can watch on their players. I've downloaded a couple of software demos to convert but all so far show a terrible quality! I'm sure i've read on this forum that the HD30 can record in a format that will transfer directly to dvd without the need to convert :/ Maybe someone can enlighten me on this?
    Thanks

Blog Entries

You always need to authour dvds for dvd players in a dvd compiling app.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    You always need to authour dvds for dvd players in a dvd compiling app.
    Hi Mark, thanks for taking the time to reply! I'm new to the camcording scene and to be honest i'm out for all the help and advise I can find here! I currently have the JVC HD30 which some may say is a bit adventurous for a first purchase, but I couldn't resist when I got it brand new for a cool 300. I've so far managed to accomplish the basics such as backing up to pc, etc, but my immediate problem is what you have mentioned above.. authoring and what app to use for the MTS and TOD files that it makes. I have tried the supplied PowerDirector and PowerProducer, also have the full version of ConvertXtoDVD, but nothing I do seems to turn out right and I land up with poor quality, missing bits of a movie and often nothing at all. I guess I could be trying too much in frustration.. What I need is to convert and burn these files to a disk that can be read by most dvd players so I can send to the wife's family and friends. Her family is in Brazil where I believe they also use PAL. Do you know of anywhere where I can find a step-by-step guide to this? also what software I would need to purchase? Thanks in advance for any help you could offer!
    P.S, sorry if I have missed anything in the forums which would cover this question.
    Last edited by CJ C; 05-18-2009 at 12:18 PM.