Thread: Cyberlink powerdirector 7 help

Default Cyberlink powerdirector 7 help

I am creating an online gaming movie for school with power director 7 and i am putting a whole bunch of different clips together that I have saved on my computer but between the transitions of each clip there is a whole lot of lag and the video completely freezes for about 2 seconds and once it starts back up the next clip starts in the wrong place because it is cut short for a few seconds. Is there a way to make these transitions smoother and less laggy?? PLEASE HELP....I need an A on this!

Blog Entries

This is totally normal in preview - it wont be there when you render the film.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    This is totally normal in preview - it wont be there when you render the film.
    so when I produce my final project it should come out smooth? I just hate previewing it when it is all laggy and choppy because I can't tell if it is coming out right...

When you preview the project in the timeline Power Director has to slap the entire thing together on the fly and display it. This takes up an enormous amount of your computer resources.
    You can help the program by making sure your hard drive/s are fully defragged before editing, shut down all unnecessary programs and services like connections to the internet, anti-virus and screensavers etc. Make sure you don't have lots of crap on the hard drive in the temp folders. All these things will release resources back to the operating system to be used by Power Director.
    Tkae a look at these two blog posts HERE