Thread: Get paid for your videos

Thumbs up Get paid for your videos

Hi, I'm spamming this forum but with good intent. I have started a website called www.TheVideoIdiot.com . It is currently in need of beta testers.

We allow videographers to display their videos in our website. The bonus is that each time someone views your video, money will be added to your account. You get paid as other people watch your video. (That is when it comes out of beta but, for anybody adding their videos DURING beta, those videos will be paid DOUBLE the set fees after it comes out of beta. Our gift for helping us out during beta.)

If you need a new category added for your video, please just email me and I'll make sure it gets put in.

Thanks and enjoy,
    www.TheVideoIdiot.com

Blog Entries

Enjoy ???

How ???

A advert plays befor each film - and then the film appears to be low grade you tube drivel - and then I cant see how to full screen.

Looks like a silly and old scam to me. Dont give up the day job or the Amway franchise

Blog Entries

Is the clue in the website name????

Blog Entries

Harsh but fair ANdy.

Yes, the films on www.TheVideoIdiot.com ARE of low quality. They are all test films. I hadn't planned on competing with anyone's hi quality videos. And yes, visitors have to endure a small advertisment before viewing the videos...but, I would gladly endure a 30 second commercial to enjoy a larger independant video that I wanted to see.

I am currently adding the ability to go full screen with the videos, thanks for noting that.

One thing about design, you should move away from frames. Frames are a lazy way of getting things done and they come with a whole host of problems both immediately and in the future, if you expand.

Also, pick one font like Arial, Trebuchet, etc to be the main font.

Kill the purple gradient. If you must have one, put it at the very top <body style="margin: 0px;"> and don't repeat it.

Also, big GIF graphics will date your website. If you want to know what modern sites look like keep it simple and go to Google, Yahoo, Live, Amazon, Ebay, Zillow, etc. and copy what they do. If you can't innovate - imitate.