Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Subtitles in DVDA 4.5

1. Default Subtitles in DVDA 4.5

I went to add a subtitle track in DVDA 4.5 and the add track icon (+) was nowhere to be found. I searched around the menus and toolbars and didn't find it.

I searched on the word "subtitle" in the Help and got ZERO results. It kept returning "submenu" instead.

It was easy to add subtitles in 4.0. Is it possible the subtitle feature has somehow been removed from this version?

Blog Entries

Cant help greatly but I am sure dvda has that function.

It is still there, have you tried right clicking or even reading the manual.

You can add subtitles in Vegas using RANGE markers and then out put as subtext with a built in script.

4. Default

1. The only manual that is on the Sony site is a Quick-Start guide. I have the full manual for 4.0 and, as I've indicated, the interface does dot show the same toolbar for adding tracks.

2. I HAVE searched the Help system with ZERO responses for "subtitle".

3. I have right-clicked on virtually every object on the work area and toolbars.

I have a subtitle file (SUB) that works fine in 4.0. I simply add a subtitle track, specify the file, and it adds it perfectly.

If anyone can specifically let me know how this is supposed to work in DVDA 4.5 I can determine if I have a bad install or what. I'm using the Vegas Suite.

On the timeline track at the bottom of DVD-A there is a + (PLUS) on the far left click on that and the option for additional Audio, Video & subtitle track is there.
    As you say you cannot for some reason see that perhaps a dodgy install if you right click on the blank time line you can select from the list there, as I said earlier right click the TIMELINE

also the manual is here (for 5) Sony Creative Software - Download: DVD Architect Pro 5.0 Manual

6. Default

Right. That's the way it is in 4.0, but it is NOT the way in 4.5 on my system. The Plus sign is absent.

The manual for 5.0 really doesn't help for 4.5.

I found the answer on the Vegas forums. I accidentally "upgraded" from 4.0 Pro to 4.5 Studio. Studio does not include the subtitles feature.

Well if you mentioned that in the first place we would not have wasted our lives helping you in a unanswerable question.

The 5 Manuel will help as at the front it mention the new features and as your is not the rest is still valid.

8. Default

Excuse me, Z Cheema, I usually drop a thread when people get rude, since I recognize that those people usually are just trying to get the last word in and I'll readily oblige them, but:

"Wasting our lives?"

I would suggest that if you feel you are "wasting your life" that you simply ignore the thread. Keeps the blood pressure down.

I don't understand what "mentioned in the first place" refers to. If you needed more information it would make sense to ask for it. At any rate, in my very first post I said:

"the add track icon (+) was nowhere to be found."

Your response told me that:

"On the timeline track at the bottom of DVD-A there is a + (PLUS) on the far left click on that and the option for additional Audio, Video & subtitle track is there."

At any rate, I found the cause and I am happy that I did. I'm sorry that you are not.

May be difficult to believe but we do want to help and find the answer and if everyone ignored you threads you would get no help, but at least the blood would reamin cool.

I don't do it for the thanks but good manners would never go amiss on this forum
    Last edited by Z Cheema; 04-15-2009 at 07:08 PM.

whats wrong with his manners? you're the one who's mouthing off being rude complaining that he/she's "waiting your life". all he/she did was aska question and you just ignored his post and posted somthing that is idiotic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast