Thread: I am literally at my wits end. I need new software

1. Default I am literally at my wits end. I need new software

I'm going nuts here y'all. I used to have a pretty decent computer. After wrestling with Pinnacle Studio and my slow computer for 2 yrs I upgraded to a quad core 4gb RAM build. more than enought to handle home editing. All i want to do is capture all my old VHS & DV media, edit & burn to DVDs. I thought the new build would make Pinnacle run smoother and peform like it should. but NO, it didnt. I capture 7 minutes and the audio is out of sync. i sync it manually and try to burn a dvd only to have a message pop up over and over that my media is incorrect! I try Sony Vegas, but it doesnt import analog. I render as an avi in Pinnacle then go to Vegas and try to burn. (I'm trying out a trial version) I cant burn without the DVD studio for vegas. So i try Windows movie maker and once again I'm thwarted. Im at my wits end and pissed off. Is there an editor out there that will capture analog & digital, is stable, is more than an entry level but not as complex as Premeir and that just works??? I would capture with vegas but it doesnt recognize my capture card, go figure. Can i burn with the Premeir Elements trial version?? Premeir would probably be the best for me since I'm very familiar with Photoshop. It just pisses me off that I've been working on this for 2 or 3 years and pay good money for crap that doesnt work properly.

I gave up on Pinnacle because of it's instability and went to Corel Video Studio Pro X2, I find it very stable, you can get a trail download, it might be worth a try, if you do try using it the "Share" button is were you go to make a final movie.

Blog Entries

Pinaccle is often unstable - best shot of that.

As for editing in general - it is very rarely glitch free and often requires more user input than other computer -past times.

You also need to do some learning to get the best from video.

Premier is an excellent package and no more or less complex than other more complex and capable editors - like vegas.

Your aspirations for powerfull editing without stress may be unrealistic.

4. Default

Its not so much that I want powerful editing capabilities. I just want something that works!! I want a piece of software that is capable of all the phases of editing. I can't possible fathom why none of the great editors don't capture analog source material. I mean, 75% of the folks out there want to transfer their old media to the new medium to help preserve it. I just downloaded PE last nite and I like it. Simple, yet effective. Plus it worked on the first test run of burning a dvd. I just want something reliable. Pinnacle was a great entry level editor, but it just plain sucked when it came to bing dependable & stable.

Two quick questions and I'll let y'all go. Is a video capture card the same thing as an analog to digital converter like Dazzle? Since PE offers no analog capture capabilities, is it ok (qualitywise) if I do my capturing with Windows Movie Maker and my editing with PE.

Blog Entries

Yes and yes.