Thread: How to edit 2 different movies

Default How to edit 2 different movies

I have 2 different movies taken from different cameras and different angles from the same place, and which I need to edit. One is a Quicktime Mpeg4 file recorded with a Sanyo Xacti VPC HD 1000 GX video camera and the other is in my Sony DRC-TRV80E, I wish to edit the 2 movies together, but the one from Sanyo will not open on Pinnacle Studio 9 or 10. I also have Ulead 5 that came with Sanyo, but If I convert the Sanyo file to whatever on Ulead, then I can not open it up on Pinnacle.

I know that I am supposed to convert the Sanyo into whatever to be able to open it on Pinnacle, or convert the other to open on Ulead, but the point is that I tried all types of converters in different settings and nothing works, if any one works, then the quality is not good.
    It is obvious that both Pinnacle and Ulead are not compatible, but how do I edit both movies together then?

Could any one tell exactly with what program and to what standard I must convert and how to do it?

I would suggest converting so both are .mp4 format. I too use pinnacle.

Ok, thanks
    i will try that converter, however, i have managed to convert the hd mpeg4 file with the use of ulead 5 into a mpeg2 and then i used my pinnacle 9 to put the 2 videos together and it works!
    The studio 10 is unestable and can not handle mpeg 4 either, only studio 12,1 can.
    The quality of my dvd movie is not bad at all. Perhaps if i try converting to mpeg4, as you mentioned, would the quality then be even better?
    Can you believe that most converters would not allow quicktime mpeg4 to open up and convert to mpeg2, except ulead and mediacoder!

Quote Originally Posted by Manel View Post
    I have 2 different movies taken from different cameras and different angles from the same place, and which I need to edit. One is a Quicktime Mpeg4 file recorded with a Sanyo Xacti VPC HD 1000 GX video camera and the other is in my Sony DRC-TRV80E, I wish to edit the 2 movies together, but the one from Sanyo will not open on Pinnacle Studio 9 or 10. I also have Ulead 5 that came with Sanyo, but If I convert the Sanyo file to whatever on Ulead, then I can not open it up on Pinnacle.

I know that I am supposed to convert the Sanyo into whatever to be able to open it on Pinnacle, or convert the other to open on Ulead, but the point is that I tried all types of converters in different settings and nothing works, if any one works, then the quality is not good.
    It is obvious that both Pinnacle and Ulead are not compatible, but how do I edit both movies together then?

Could any one tell exactly with what program and to what standard I must convert and how to do it?
    If budget allows I'd recommend upgrading. We improved a lot since Studio 10