Thread: I want to place the soundtrack from one dvd under the vido of another

Default I want to place the soundtrack from one dvd under the vido of another

I have a dream; on some future date it will be a simple matter to edit the audio under the video on a DVD.

You'd get a video program in an upper window, and see the sound waveforms underneath, and you could edit either one at will. It would be that simple.

Not yet, apparently! I have two DVD's which are of the same movie. However, one has good video quality but no Spanish subtitles or audio, and the other has a washed-out overexposed video with Spanish audio.

And I want to dub the Spanish audio onto the good-quality video. However, from the research I've done, this is an insanely-complicated project involving about 56 different softwares, renaming files, "muxing and demuxing", and God only knows what.

Does anyone else agree that you ought to just be able to see the video and audio programs, one above the other, in horizontal displays, and edit either one quite simply by inserting, removing, pasting, etc.? In fact, is there any way to do that?

How far off in the future can such a program be? It seems to me that if there were a will, the program would exist today. There must be legal obstacles?

I will await, if not a simple solution, at least some commiseration and possibly suggestions.

Why CAN'T this be easy?

Bob Haskell

Blog Entries

Most editors can import from unencrypted dvds and swap the audion over - what editor are you using ?

Default Which editor is good?

Well, already my inexperience is showing. I haven't found one yet. Which one do you recommend?

Blog Entries

First off try the free xp/ vista one to see if that can do as you want - I have never used it.

Next up in the heirarchy is stuff like vegas platinum and premier elements - both reuced feature versions of ' pro ' versons.

Demos are usually available to try from the vendors sites.

Thanks for the suggestions; when the demo programs finish downloading I'll give them a go.

Is it possible that the level of simplicity I was yearning for is actually available?

We shall soon see!

Blog Entries

Video editing is rarely simple... we shall see.