Thread: Input video works.. why not output?

Default Input video works.. why not output?

Hey Guys, I'm new here, but hopefully I wont have too many problems and wont have to keep coming for answers haha. Who knows, maybe some day I'll be *useful*.

Anyway, so I'm using the trial version of Movie Studio 9.0, after nearly having a stroke/ rage-attack from trying to use Windows Movie Maker. I like this program, brings back memories of using FCP in high school.

So, I have a little camcorder that records to SD not DV tapes. anyway so I have these MOD files, and I convert them to AVI's

Either way, it works in vegas (though the AVI versions are always labelled 'Offline Media' in the timeline and have certain freezing points when I start splitting them... so I just work with the MOD's now which are working fine.)

Anyway, the clips play in Movie Studio, the timeline is all there, the whole movie plays, etc etc.

BUT, once I render and export it, all I have is a black screen with any audio that did NOT come from the video clips (ie: background song plays but not clip audio). I've tried Media Player and VLC.

The clips themselves play on my computer, and I've got a good collection of codecs (ffdshow, xvid, etc).

But no matter what I render the final movie as (AVI, WMV, MPEG-1/2) it remains the same.. a black screen with non clip audio...

What in the world is going on here?

Thanks alot everyone,

-Matt

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by superhornet59 View Post

Either way, it works in vegas (though the AVI versions are always labelled 'Offline Media' in the timeline
    Well that's odd for a start. Vegas is usiually most happy wityh AVIs - what "flavour" of AVI does you conversion convert to - what codec? (Use the free program GSpot to tell you)

Quote Originally Posted by superhornet59 View Post
    BUT, once I render and export it, all I have is a black screen with any audio that did NOT come from the video clips (ie: background song plays but not clip audio). I've tried Media Player and VLC.
    Daft question - Are you sure you haven't got the other tracks muted? Or the background audio track soloed.
    Tim