Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help With Editing/Conversion Problem, PLEASE:)

Default Help With Editing/Conversion Problem, PLEASE:)

Hi All!

Thanks for taking the time to read this topic! I need advice/direction from any of you that are better & more experienced than myself in video editing/conversion. Here is a basic summary of what I am trying to do:

I have several tutorials for various software packages that I am trying to learn and become more knowledgeable in. Most are from L*nda.com and other sites. All of them are from say 2:00-8:00 minute video segments in .MOV format. I dont know about any of you but i tire quickly of sitting on my *ss in front of my computer and having to click each video from each section to start it. Also, my computer chair isnt all that comfy, really and some of the tutorials are 3+ hours long! So needless to say whenever i start getting uncomfortable my attention span starts to get shorter & shorter.

I am pretty fluent in Adobe Premier Pro, so I had the idea/conception that I would take some time and create a video file of all these short clips via Premier Pro, so then I could export it to Encore and make myself a nice DVD that I could pop in my DVD Player and kick back on my couch and watch these tutorials.

First, I am by no means an expert in video editing/conversion, etc. It is something that I have been playing with for a while and something I enjoy. I have made DVD's for a few bands and from video footage of my family and etc. Anyway...I created a new Premier project and imported the video clips, organized all my bins for the different chapters, created the titles, etc. BUT...whenever I add any of the clips to the timeline I got problems! First, the audio (it is mono, btw) in the .MOV files goes directly to Audio layer 4, although I drop the actual video footage on my Video layer 1. No matter what I do I cannot move the Audio to say back to Level 1 or anything! Also, although I can preview the video, I have NO audio @ all! I can export the audio to say...Adobe Soundbooth and I dont see any waveforms or anything that I would normally see in a standard audio clip!

I am really baffled as to what I am doin/not doin correctly. The video footage isnt that great of quality either but I believe I can manipulate it thru the Video Effects in Premier Pro and make it a bit better.

IMO, there has to be a way that I can accomplish what I am trying to do here but right now it is driving me nuts! Do any of you that are more knowledgeable than myself have any advice, correct me in what i am not doing or point me in the right direction? Is this even a possible feat? I would think so because all the files are, are video clips and i know i can splice all that in Premier as I have done such before. But the audio problems are not making any sense to me @ all.

Is there a better way? Am i thinking/goin about it wrong? Also, why is the output footage so HUGE? The original files are not that big.

HELP GUYS!

I know that the tutorials include exercise files but i dont care about them. I just wanna be able to watch the actual training.

Thanks in Advance!!

audio 1,2 and 3 are normally stereo but if the video's audio is mono it cant go onto that line. why theres no sound, i'm not sure, could be a codec issue.

i wouldof though it would be simpler to make the menus etc in premiere, export them and in encore import each of the tutorials and the menus. all you do then is insert each tutorial into its own timeline and from within that you can add chaptors etc.

have fun!

Thanks very much for your response! I have ask this question on several forums and no one has given me an answer. Guess I wasnt in the correct place. Like I said I am pretty new to all this and am learning. I appreciate your response, as I am a new member.

Do you have any advice on the codec issue? Can I add additional codecs to Premier? Would I have better results in either program if I converted the file to another format? I love working in the Premier program and feel it is top of the line for video editing.

Try asking the question at Muvipix.com
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

Thank You Sir!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Engels View Post
    Try asking the question at Muvipix.com
    Hardly cricket there - referring the op to your own web site for an answer - perchance posting your wise words here may be more the done thnig.

Mark, I didn't have the answer and he wasn't getting it from anyone here. Just another place to try that's all. If anyone here has the answer to the problem I hope they will share it with us all.
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

Blog Entries

I humbly recant then. Beat me !

Maybe I'm getting this wrong but I don't think Linda.com wants anyone putting their videos onto dvd and kicking back to watch them. They are put on that website for a reason and that is for you and everyone else to watch them on the website, not to run off a copy for yourself, do you see where this is going? And besides if you did run off a copy, do you think the quality would be any good to watch on a tv, they are low quality clips especially made for the web. So your chair isn't the most comfortable, is that the worst thing going on in your life at present?

You are perfectly correct there Nikosony. Reproduction would be not only illegal and a copyright infringement but the quality of those small MOV files would look pretty bad on a TV screen. Text would probably not be very clear either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast