Thread: Sony Vegas Print to tape Not working

Default Sony Vegas 6 Print to tape Not working

I can NOT print to tape on Sony Vegas 6.
    I' m using i-link/firewire in/out cable and it captures fine and controls my Sony DSR-11 deck...but when printing edited project back to tape nothing happens. It is AVI file 20 seconds long form my laptop and I can see it playing fine on "print to tape" preview...but tape only shows "pink Shower curtain "stripes on tape...
    I tried to manually push rec/play on dsr-11 but then it captures only black. I have selected DV in on DSR-11. Please help.
    or I get fired (((....Thank You.
    Pekka
    Last edited by pekka; 04-07-2009 at 10:20 PM. Reason: add information

it's a while since i did print to tape, but don't remember seeing a preview of the output.

Also during the wizard to PTT there are some option to allow control of the device or do it manually. also check your tape does not have the tab removed.

Can you do a preview via the device to a screen while in edit mode?

OK, this is starting to ring bells for me. . . . . and I just did some historical research for you. And no, Cheems, I don't think this is user error.

In 2005, and with Vegas6, there was a timeline PTT issue being recorded by some DSR11 users. It was documented by at least 7 people. OK, "capture" worked fine. But straight PTT FROM the timeline was giving grief to the people mentioned.

Might I ask what release of Vegas6 is it? Is it a, or b or c?

Default SonyVegas 6.0d Not Printing on Tape

Thank You for the information. So it is a Sony Vegas 6.0d version and same happens with 5.0a. My deck Sony DSR-11 only prints in "shower curtain" looking pink stripes...nothing goes into the tape. It cues up and starts rolling DSR-11 but then Vegas does not roll out the AVI video. I can not fiend a way to fix this, do you what must be done? upgrade to Final Cut or what?

I also encounter a lot of drop frames when capturing the tape to my external iMicro 3.5" ide &sata hdd Combo enclosure. the screen goes "black" like someone turns lights out. Anny advice there?

I appreciate your inside knowledge on Vegas!

pekka

OK, the one solution that I've read is to Print To Tape using the VidCap s/w, as in that s/w is a PTT option too. Do try that.

hi, I did not quite understand what is s/w?do you mean Sony Vegas Video Capture has another way to PTT? where and how? I am eager to try that but need to know what do you mean exactly.
    Thank U.

Pekka

Quote Originally Posted by pekka View Post
    hi, I did not quite understand what is s/w?
    S/W = Software

. . . do you mean Sony Vegas Video Capture has another way to PTT?
    Yes. Open the VidCap ( Video capture) s/w up and you will see the Menu Tab for it. I still have Vegas 5 on my pc and I am looking at it now.

I am eager to try that but need to know what do you mean exactly.
    Sure. Once inside the VidCap s/w go to the Help Menu and read all that you need to know. The process is that you render your project and it is that finally rendered fie which is then imported to the VidCap s/w PTT Menu and from there you PTT.