Thread: The begining of A series I am going to be doing.

Default The begining of A series I am going to be doing.

Please give me your imput. Opinion on this show on what I should change and maybe more Ideas for jimRod.. Keep in mind this is going to be done once a month for our local youth group.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctKgh_WcjPw"]YouTube - The JimRod Show![/ame]

Blog Entries

Warning - I tend to be blunt - even rude....

That was a FAIL.

The idea of a spoof redneck is worth thinking about and could be funny - this isnt.

Production - it's terrible - you cannot hope to make a film by running about doing long hand held takes like a couple of teenagers on speed. PLAN PLAN PLAN.

For a comedy sketch to work you usually need to spend long long hours wrting dialogue and camera moves / shots.

All you appear to have dome is put on daft wigs and made it up as you go along.

Script - poor
    Camera work - terrible.
    Joke - what joke.....

All my comedy efforts flop too - unless you make more effort yours will too.

Blog Entries

Just to add to what Mark said....

For spoof to work, the actors have to act it absolutely straight. Not even a grin.

If you're producing this for a youth group, just remember youths are the LEAST easy to please and the MOST CRITICAL. Sure they might be wowed by the rubbish they post on YouTube, but they won't accept that from a local responsible adult.
    Tim

To add to what has already been said, your characters need motivations and objectives to make the series more interesting.

Blog Entries

I hate it when people post a film - get negative but VERY helpfull feedback and then just disappear without a thnak you...

Only interested in getting a few youtube views out of this me thinks.
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

Blog Entries

Indeed - vexing.
    Actually it really pisses me off - you give the advice and all they want is praise and hits.

I am NOT going to comment on any films people post as thier first post - it's usually a waste of time.

I see lots of anger venting from the people who wasted their good time watching this utter waste of time.

If this is for a youth group, epic fail as young folk would click away from this within seconds.

It has all the hallmarks of a video by someone who really needs the help of people here, seems you have done a runner, again epic fail.

I always like to entertain Marks idea that cameras should be locked up like guns, I still say there is a video in this classic thought.

Yet more wasted space on the google servers supplying youtube to the globe, no wonder why the 'hulu' end of youtube as we know it gains popularity, this sort of content deserves to be hidden away behind many mouse clicks to fnd it.

We all hope there will one day be a tragic loss of data at google, and this video will find its rightful place.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo