Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You tube - WMG - disabled audio.

Blog Entries

Default You tube - WMG - disabled audio.

I suggest all irritated people fill in the you tube dispute form - this will somtimes - I am told - restore the music.

It also shows how the user base is annoyed if we all do it.

Also write / phone to.

Warner music
    75 Rockefeller Plaza
    New York, NY 10019

Tel: (212) 275-2000

E mail form here - Warner Music Group | Contact Us

Again - enough people pointing out the lunacy of this can only help.

Youtube is just trying to cover their asses from legal issues.. I think using Copyrighted music just helps the artist get exsopsure.. its not like you're making money.. That why I make or use RF music now.. less hassle
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Blog Entries

It's just daft really that they want to stop people using ' thier ' stuff. it wouldnt be so bad if the originators - the band - owned the rights - but it is some dam corperation pulling the shots - what do they care about art ?

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    It's just daft really that they want to stop people using ' thier ' stuff. it wouldnt be so bad if the originators - the band - owned the rights - but it is some dam corperation pulling the shots - what do they care about art ?
    you'll find that in the US when an artist signs with a lable they pretty much own the music now.. they do the marketing and ads.. and make the most money.. The artist/band has very little say.. The bands know that people using their stuff helps them.. and there are a lot that leek their own stuff before the lable releases them.
    Wil

Software Used:

Blog Entries

Oh it makes me mad and it is daft it really is.

Radio head, G micheal and lots of others have relised that the fans matter - thay pay the stars!

Insted of being party to suiing nine year olds for thousands - bullying isps to cut people off ect radiohead are releasing stuff FREE over torrents and stuff - thay ask people to pay if they want to - doing away with the record company - and suprise suprise they made MORE money per album - people paid on average about 3.00.

There agin I am a raving crim - I must have lent 10 dvds to friends this week - that is also illegal - lols.

lol dvds is another hot button for me... the fair use law says you can make a back up copy of dvds for your own use.. but the DMCA says you cant break the incryption.. so one law prevents you from doing something you have a right to.. and did you know you dont own the dvd when you buy it.. you buy the right to watch it but the distributor can legaly make you give it back at anytime and they dont have to pay for it b/c its still theres.. now thats a B.S
    Wil

Software Used:

Blog Entries

Lols - my cat video - got pulled cos of the tune - so i added a slow vibrato - so far so good. Tune sounds odd but works in context of the video. I wonder if a slight speedup will also work - that is not liekly to spopil the music either.

Sony BMG is just as bad I guess.. I was just on Bryan Adams youtube channel.. and sony had the audio disabled.. its his music and his own channel... Now thats B.S.
    Wil

Software Used:

Blog Entries

^^^ priceless !

Blog Entries

Viz-a-viz YouTube specifically. Irrespective of your views on copyright, why should you expect YouTube to help you break the law? And then get irate if they don't?

It's no different to you expecting me to give you keys to various buildings I have just so you can break in and steal stuff (Technically not breaking in as you have keys, but still stealing)

For all its faults, YouTube provides a service - free to the users - and I for one wouldn't like to see it closed down because it falls fowl of copyright laws.

Pay the royalties, use royalty free music or better still employ the struggling composer down the road. He's the guy that using unpaid for music really hurts.
    Tim

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast