Thread: Can people watch this video titled VOGUE and tell me what you think please.

Smile Can people watch this video titled VOGUE and tell me what you think please.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Nice look. Vaguely homoerotic.
    If it's just a piece experimenting with a look, it's fine. If it's meant to be anything more I don't get anything from it.
    Tim

Yeah it's litterally just experimenting with a look, a style. there was no meaning or hidden meaning to it.

Thankyou for watching

Same as Tim, if it's a look or a style - what is it? - you are trying to create then I guess it works but it's just a guy (you?) putting your clothes on. You haven't done anything new that hasn't been done in 101 other videos that look the same. Again, what is it you are trying to show or convey to your audience?

Its an experiment at making something look cool. As an amateur I feel having a go at creating some styles which have already been done is part of my creative learning curve, to finding my own style. I agree it is a lot like other things which have been made, but i hope it possesed the quality of the video's which have already been created. Which is what I wanted to do. Create something where the images look good and professional, whilst using amateur equipment and editing software.

I created this without thinking of the audience it was purely an attempt at making a short film which i thought looked cool. With the simplest of tasks, getting dressed. imagery in this to me was key, like a string of photographs.

Through further thought mabe i should have created some idea of story or intent to give something more to the audience. But i think that only would have complicated it to the point of taking away its simplicity.

I'm not sure if that answers your question or point.

But thankyou for watching it! and commenting.

Mike

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mick4mcg View Post
    As an amateur I feel having a go at creating some styles which have already been done is part of my creative learning curve, to finding my own style.
    I agree entirely. Trying to recreate what's already been done is a great way to learn and develop. I just wish I'd do more of that (as soon as I have an idea for recerating something, I start thinking "what's the point? It's already been done).

Quote Originally Posted by mick4mcg View Post
    Through further thought mabe i should have created some idea of story or intent to give something more to the audience. But i think that only would have complicated it to the point of taking away its simplicity.
    Easily solved. Stick a bottle of cologne on the end - instant commercial.
    Tim

Making a video look 'cool' is not how you go about making a video, a film, a painting or a piece of music or any other art form. It has to have some substance behind it, some thought process has to go into it, get out a pen and piece of paper and start writing ideas down first. Sort out what you want to get across in the piece and who your intended audience is.

I disagree with you completely. I think making something look cool does have substance, otherwise it wouldn't be there. I also think everyone has their own way of working. I'm not in a position to argue my way of working because I am still an amateur, and have not yet defined my way of working. but to stricken down ways of working to certain rules e.g. you have to have a pen and paper and write down idea's. Would only create boundries for creative thought? meaning running from instinct would become obselete? "running from instinct" i feel is vital to an artist be it in film or painting or any other art form. Its a hot headed moment of creation. No real planning, obviously there has to be some sort of plan otherwise nothing would be created. But it's more raw... to me... It's the one night stand within creation, it can only happen within those moments or it will be lost.

Vogue i feel did have a process. It might not have been a huge process, but one was there. The process was through imagery instead of writing things down. I decided I wanted to film footage then look at it and decide whether or not I think it looked cool.

I decided also with this piece that my audience is completely open. As it was an experiment. I wanted anyone and everyone to view, to see whether or not they agreed with me. "whether or not I had made a simple task look cool"

Mike

Blog Entries

I liked the look and the vibe - I like it when video is used like paint. Is that a arty bollox comment -dont care -