Thread: Effects filter help!! Sony Vegas Pro 8

1. Default Effects filter help!! Sony Vegas Pro 8

Hi there,

I'm in desperate need of some help! The last time I was working on my project everything was fine but now for some reason my effects filter add ons just aren't showing up on the timeline!

I've even started new projects, imported a clip and added, for example, chroma keyer plug in, but for some reason it just isn't working and nothing is showing up in the preview window. I even tried simply adding a border to my clip and this too doesn't show up!!

I'm at a real loss as to why this anomaly has suddenly started for no apparent reason and without me (consciously) changing any settings Can anyone suggest why this is happening and what I can do to get rid of it?

For information, the last thing I did on my timeline was add cookie cutter filter (just experimenting) so don't know whether this is relevant and has imported some wierd setting or other??

Thank very much in advance for any ight you can shed!!

Goldfinger

Blog Entries

cant help directly but I think there is another thread going where the person has a similar problem - will link to it if I find it.

I am unable to reproduce the effect on my vegas.

3. Default

Thanks Mark - any joy with that link - or any other help out there?!!

Need to get cracking on this project and this is severely holding me up!

Ta muchly

Goldfinger

Chances are you have "By-passed" the Fx results in Preview - good if you need too!

1] Preview Toolbar

2] 4 th Icon along "Fx Bypassed" Icon is either ENGAGED and you;ve got "Select ALL" selected or you have this DISENGAGED and Select All selected. Click on the Icon and you SHOULD get the effect back

Done!

Blog Entries

Yea - I did that once - vexed me for ages. I hope it is that easy to sort for you.

6. Default

Cheers guys - will look into it when I get back from the office and let you know!!

Fingers crossed

Blog Entries

Gold ones ...

8. Default

Just to let you know I solved the problem last night but it wasn't the bypass fx button that needed checking - I'd earlier pressed the split screen button next to the preview on external monitor one without realising what this did to the entire project. All I had to do was uncheck it - doh!

Found the solution using Vegas's own help button so thumbs up to that I guess.

Hopefully, this will help anyone else who may have experienced the same problem?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger View Post
    Just to let you know . . . but it wasn't the bypass fx button that needed checking
    Well, it is. Split Screen "Left/Right" is a Fx bypass - of either left or right.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldfinger View Post
    . . the split screen button next to the preview on external monitor one without realising what this did to the entire project.
    Sure, this is a combo Button. It also allows us to bring IN what is on the clipboard for comparison as well. If you DON'T have Fx bypass selected you will be accessing what is on the Clipboard instead.

Another "tip" is that you can "drag" across the Preview and make your own selection - you are not restricted to just Left or Right selection - very useful!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Grazie View Post
    Another "tip" is that you can "drag" across the Preview and make your own selection - you are not restricted to just Left or Right selection - very useful!
    I'd quite forgotten that. Thanks Grazie!
    Tim