Thread: Help with AE

1. Default Help with AE

Hello.

A while back a friend showed me a nice way to animate titles in AE. The problem is that he did not show it clearly enough so i could learn. This is the trick: he made the title be revealed as if you are looking for something with a flash light and you just pass through the text. How can i make this? Is there any tutorials? Or can you just tell me how this process is called and I'll seek out some tutorials?

csm

This is not a simple answer nor a simple wuestion.

I use AE CS3 all the time, there are many different ways to do what your after and it does depend on a few things...

Whats your computer spec?
    What version of AE are you useing?
    How many layers do you have on the project?

and there are plenty more.

I would suggest going to www.videocopilot.com and have a look through some of the very good online video tutorials, Andrew Cramer is a very talented man and im sure your question will be better answered by video rather than me.

this being said - If you have a BG and want to have some text move left to right infront of the BG and only show the BG when it does.. Then its a simple case of creating the text on a black solid, change the transfer properties for the text and hey presto you will be able to see through the text.

It does get a bit complicated the more layers you have and so on, but try the above website and see if any of those can help.

Mitch

3. Default

hello,

i am using after effects cs3 and my pc is a laptop with a intel core 2 duo t7100 at 1.8ghz, 2gb ram and ati hd2006 video card. I'll check out the site you've given me and if you had something in mind adter knowing what pc and ae i am using, please tell me

The main one was how many layers you had, but don’t worry.

Your laptop seems ok ish. I run AE on a smaller cheaper slower laptop and I get it to work for me, bit slow but it works.

The main point is to have a look at the tutorial site, Andrew Kramer is ace he will blow your mind with the things that can be done with AE.
    What you are asking is quite easy – I did a quick “Reveal” last night in the hotel, but it really does depend on what you are trying to accomplish or make in the end.

Let us know if you find the site a help, and better still tell us if you solved your question.

Mitch

5. Default

It worked with the leave color effect. We planed it all before shooting. Everything took place in the park. Everything was still a bit gray and not as green. The colors i left wher blue and red, none to be found in the park at the time. So it was pretty simple. I've found a tutorial using silhouette roto and AE. The extention costs money but it can also bbe found on the net if you are patient enough and don't have the cash to pay