Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat.

Blog Entries

Default Cat.

About a week ago I thought time for a weird cat film.

After much fiddling and cat pissing off here it is.

Final cat pissing off set up shown in pic - the 2 150w halogens needed as i wanted sharp frames for the slo mo so it needed to be shot at 1/2000 sec exposure. Shot with a 0.5 wide convertor on my JVC SD DV camera.
    In the edit I have drastically screwed with curves, sat level and curve, lots of unsharpening and colo correction untill it looked how I wanted.

I wish now I had put a torch or bike light on top of the lens - this might have reflected off the cats eyes and looked well spooky.

Shame it wasnt 2000fps - I would love a super slomo cam for arty fun.

I was thinking of something funny - it came out sort of spooky.

Music is from fight club by chemical brothers.

http://www.zaskarfilms.com/Films/catAttack.wmv 3mbit/sec stream.

Edit.

I foiled the tube - added vibrato did the job - sounds odd but still works ok. Web link to my server still looks best.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mark W; 04-06-2009 at 06:51 PM.

Blog Entries

Tut - no you tube version as clearly rock stars may starve if they let me use that tune...

Blog Entries

fyi it appears that anything by warner music will not get past the pearly gates of you tube.
    Last edited by Mark W; 04-06-2009 at 02:45 PM.

I've lost 5 videos in 3 weeks because of WMG.

Nice cat! Looks like a right little scrapper!
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

Blog Entries

ha - thanks.

As for the tube - I dare not look at all my vids to see what is screwed.

I am just adding some chrus and vibrato to the chem bros traclk I used on cat to see if that folls them.

Also disputing the calim sometimes restores music for a few weeks - and maybe we should all do that to swamp the tube - protest sort of.

Blog Entries

I think i foiled the you tube bots - so far. Added vibrato seems to have sorted it - and I quite like the tesult. Lols.

Blog Entries

Great look. The string was hypnotic. Shoe looks beautiful potentially lethal.

However, with my "harsh" hat on, I really think you need to apply some of the criticism you have for skate videos to yourself. It was far too long and repetitive.
    Tim

Mark,

Nice work there matey, i had to watch with the sound off though but the picture looks good.

Can i ask, have you a slow motion capture on the camcorder you used? and did you use AE for the slow motion part? What was the software used to edit?

When i am back from this shoot, ill pop a little tribute my my own cat up on the net, however mine is slightly more sedate than Shoe, he kind of moves like a sloth so ill get a good slow motion capture - Might even have to speed him up a bit just to see some movement.

The lighting was great, any chance you can tell me how and what with please, i.e. what make of light and what position in relation to the camera!!

Cheers Mark, give Shoe some cat milk and a catnip toy from me. Great name by the way.

Mitch

Blog Entries

Lighting - see pic - 2 ikea lights ( 3.64 each ) and 150 w halogen bulbs.

The slo mo is all done in vegas. The slo mo is as slow as 4 fps and lastly 2 fps - vegas then has a function called resampling that attempts to invent the missing frames sort of - so the result is as you see.

As for comparisons to reptitive uninventive formualic skater vids - I disagree.

Ever seen a slo mo cat attack on here befor ? And skate vids?

When is the last time a video with the sole aim of clever dick macro and slo mo got posted ?

My cat vid takes something mundane and every day and attnepts to see it differently with the kino eye - the skater vid takes something complex, human and many faceted and reduces it to a predictable repetitive formula that is repeated over and over.

My cat cant talk or act for the camra - people can - even teenagers on skateboards.

As ofr far too long - 3.5 mins ??? Well that was the length of the tune i tht worked. Shorter wouldnt have let me do all I wanted to do really.

One for cat fans tho - I will concead.

Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast