Thread: Video problem in premeire pro 1.5

Default Video problem in premeire pro 1.5

Hello! I am new in this forum, even new in video editing arena with Adobe Premiere pro. I am experiencing a problem while editing that: the video window of my premiere pro runs irregularly, some time its go fast or some time slow, that means audio and video does not play simultaneously. If any one can help me I will be highly benefited.

What is spec of your computer and what type of files are you importing or capturing into Adobe? Some file types play better in Adobe than others, while some cause a lot of problems and need to be converted to an Adobe friendly format. When did you last defragment your hard disk?

Default Detailed

Thank you very much for your reply

I am using Adobe Premiere Pro 1.5
    CPU: Intel Celeron 2.66 GH
    RAM: 512 DDR2
    AGP: Built in with motherboard

I have tried mpg, mpeg, avi etc.
    you know there is two monitor in premiere pro, one is clip monitor and sequence monitor is the other. When I import a video file to the timeline and play it from the timeline the audio plays smoothly, but video plays (in sequence monitor) very fast, and after a while nothing to be seen in monitor. But when I double click on a frame of timeline to see it on clip monitor, It plays smoothly.

Please tell me how can I solve this problem?

Is it just the mpgs and mpegs you are having problems with or is the problem also with the avi's? Mpgs and mpegs are difficult to playback in Adobe Premiere and maybe more so in version 1.5, so they will need to be converted to avi. But if you are having problems with playing back avi files aswell, then either they are not real avi files (badly converted from some other format possibly mpg or mpeg) or there may be some other problem. Have you downloaded the latest K-Lite Codec pack and installed it to see if the files will playback or maybe look about converting your files. Also 512MB Ram on your computer may not be enough as Adobe Premiere uses up a lot of system resources.

Default Codec

Thank you Nikosony,
    May be you are right, file format may be not matching or it converted badly.
    Let me examine this. I have installed the latest K-Lite Codec pack. Is it could be problem of codec? Do you suggest to use something more about Codec? Is there any better solution about Codec? Now let me know about the convertor, which convertor is better?

For converting between the mpgs and mpegs to avi you can either use SUPER, I don't have a link to it but it is readily available so if you do a search you can try that. I use MPEG_StreamClip1.2 which can be downloaded from Squared 5 - MPEG Streamclip video converter for Mac and Windows to do the conversion but you have to download QuicktimeAlt181 from Download QuickTime Alternative 1.81 - FileHippo.com which needs to be installed and run first as it has the necessary codecs installed so MPEG_StreamClip1.2 can work properly. Then just run MPEG_StreamClip1.2 and import your file into it and convert it to an avi file using the Apple Quicktime codec.