Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shooting the police (again)

Blog Entries

Default Shooting the police (again)

It was interesting to experience first hand the "you can't film police" rule. My Office is located at the top of Cornhill, so I had a great view of the G20 protesters. This wasn't the hub of activity, but there were people spoiling for fights and there were more than just handful of police, each with a camera trained on them. They were happy to be filmed.

Obviously this is just one incident, but it demonstrates my initial thoughts. If you're not causing a nuisance, police will be happy to let you film.

Blog Entries

That one time yes... I am glad.

It is clear that this example of good practice is not always the case.

The police have recently been criticised by regulatory bodies for restricting peoples freedoms many many times.

The law about filming the police is a pointless and devisive law.

You can film the police - but if that officer has grounds to think you are futhering the ends of terrorism he can arrest and detain you on the spot. Note that one individuals officers say is enough to get you arrested and your equipment taken - tape copied or impounded.

This has already happened to ' real ' journalists and cases against the policve are pending to test and hopefully wreck this infringement on our freedoms - and dont forget this is just one of many recently.

Filming one demo - from an office - is hardly more than apocraphyl gossip and does nothing to quell my concerns given the transgressions that have and are taking place.

We shouldnt congratulate the police for not harassing people - it just shouldnt happen - and certainly not within the framework of a porrly framed and widely criticised law.

Are you bating me Mr peters ???

Blog Entries

Its getting bad here in the US too, Obama is taking away more and more rights.. This country will be communist or dictatorship before his term is up..
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Blog Entries

" This country will be communist or dictatorship before his term is up.. "

We can only hope - well for the first bit at least -

I prefer the term ' authouritarian ' - many regimes be they left or right of centre, western democaracies or unelected have shown a worrying abiltiy to supress dissent in recent years.

Well - things have always been bad - what seems worse to me is the creeping restrictions in previously ' free ' countries.

I recall the seventies in the uk when ira bombs were going off several times a week - did we have the tsunami of restrictions then? No. Did we have 28 days detention without trial - a move widely critciased and amongst the longest in the ' sane ' world - Nope.
    Last edited by Mark W; 04-02-2009 at 07:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    " This country will be communist or dictatorship before his term is up.. "

We can only hope - well for the first bit at least -

I prefer the term ' authouritarian ' - many regimes be they left or right of centre, western democaracies or unelected have shown a worrying abiltiy to supress dissent in recent years.

Well - things have always been bad - what seems worse to me is the creeping restrictions in previously ' free ' countries.

I recall the seventies in the uk when ira bombs were going off several times a week - did we have the tsunami of restrictions then? No. Did we have 28 days detention without trial - a move widely critciased and amongst the longest in the ' sane ' world - Nope.

yeah i can see stronger laws for criminal acts.. But Obama just passed a bill that allows him to take over any company that he thinks he can run better.. he's even trying to out law vegtable gardens because he cant tax them..

that goes way beyond the protection of the public.. The world is seeing now that all his campaign promises were a bunch of crap to get elected.. too bad the majority of Americans were to stupid to see though it..

Change my ass, he said he was going to crack down on Tax cheats.. 40% of his cabinet have Tax scandles.. not to mention hes not even a citizen.. The supreme court said as much but because he was voted in they said he can stay.. So right there our constitution is worthless..
    Wil

Software Used:

Blog Entries

Getting off hte point a bit maybe, but Obama isnt a mad war criminal - well not yet - your last one was evil...

yeah maybe a bit off point.. this ones 10 times as evil
    Wil

Software Used:

Blog Entries

Lols - that isnt possible in my book - and it seems an almost absurd position to take. Watch out in a few years how some of his ( bush's) crew end up in war crime trials - i bet - i bet...

lol.. well Obama will be right next to him.. you do know he has terrist for friends.. they helped him with his campain.. oh wait they were just from his hometown..lmao
    Wil

Software Used:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast