Thread: Help converting a video!

Default Help converting a video!

Hi I'm new to optimizing, converting and editing videos for the web (actually for our intranet site). I'm trying to optimize a set of 6 discs for web viewing. These videos were originally recorded in a VHS format, eventually converted to a digital file (.VOB). Here are the specifications: every disc is about 60 min long, WxH: 720X576, aspect ratio: 4:3, frame rate:25, frames count:86,130, Bitrate:7,753 Kbit/sec. Every disc it's about 3gb in size. Here is what I'm trying to achieve, keep as much of the content as possible, divide each of the discs into 6 separate segments (10min) each and maintaing a reasonable quality. I am using the following software Movavi Video Converter. I've tried several encoding formats, but so far I haven't been pleased with the results. The main problem is the movements or gestures do not match the audio. And the file size is still too large. Any help, tips, advise will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Last edited by gonzaloe; 04-01-2009 at 11:13 PM.

I use OJOSoft Total Video Converter. I've been using that for a couple years, i downloaded it off the net, its about 15mb and it converts every video file type.

Blog Entries

Best on the net - and free with no need to priate it or any other such nonsense - ' super c '

I use VidCrop PRO supports most popular video formats *.AVI, *.WMV, *.MPEG, *.MOV, *.3GP, *.MP4. Result movie file would be avi, wmv, mpeg1, mpeg2, 3gp, mp4 and it will be controlled with width, height, frames per second and other codec properties. I enjoy ----it's simple, functional and informative.
    it's the best one in the market, if you don't believe that, you just can have a try.
    Last edited by Mark W; 04-07-2009 at 12:47 PM.

From what I've read on forums on Vimeo it seems Super C is as good as any and will do any resolution including HD, and as Mark says it's free.

Blog Entries

Note - Lilia is a spammer - 3 posts all spams. Now banned.