Thread: Chroma keying features in Pinnacle Studio

Default Chroma keying features in Pinnacle Studio

I've been using some other software and hardware to produce a weather forecast segment with the use of chroma keying. I recently heard about Pinnacle Studio and it's support for HD signals, something that we haven't been able to do yet. I also understand, from what I've read, that Pinnacle Studio has chroma keying features and also an option for machines with multiple monitors to output a full-screen preview.

Just curious if it is possible to acheive the following within the program:

1) Record the talent in front of a chroma key with a full-screen output, featuring the talent in front of the chroma key with the background behind them so they can see what they are pointing at?

2) If the above is possible, can you swich the background image behind the talent during recording, and if so, can you use transition effects.

And of course, I assume if this is all possible, then you should be able to record/output it all to a video file?

the real question is, "will pinnacle stay open long enough to do that stuff?" or "will I be able to use it for 5 minutes w/o it crashing?"

Pinnacle is low end software, It can do basic CK but nothing to fancy.. you wont have a lot of control over things, i'd get sony vegas platinum or premiere elements, about the same price and they actualy work

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2