Thread: Premiere Pro CS4 Performance Issues

Default Premiere Pro CS4 Performance Issues

System Profile

Windows 7 Beta Build 7022
    Ram: 4gb
    Video: 256m
    Processor: 1.86 ghz

So the rest of the CS4 Suite runs Delightfully, but Premiere pro CS4's Source Video Player runs slightly laggy and the Project Preview Video Display just sort of Stalls and displays about a frame every fifteen seconds or so. I have ran Premiere Pro CS2 on this machine back before I upgraded to 4gb ram and 256m Video. Cs3 as well, but it was not nearly as zippy, however, When I ran CS4 on this 7 machine, the video playback is very laggy. However, I am pretty sure Windows 7 is not it. Windows 7 is basically Vista, and Every one is reporting that Premiere Runs fine on this Beta. It's a possibility, however, maybe its the processor?

If it is the processor, I suppose I will have to downgrade Premiere until I get a faster processor. Sad-day.

With a processor that is under 2.8ghz, and especially one that is not at least dual core, I would expect the same results. I think it is something you are going to have to live with. You can try something like EndItALL to quite background processes that could be taking CPU, but that probably won't solve the whole problem only a faster computer could do that.
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

3. Default

I would say its a combo of memory and mostly your processor, I have also used prem pro 2 and 3 versions and I stick with prem pro2 as its zippy compared to the later 2 resource hogs. CS3 was ok but 4 is terrible for me and I would only try it again if i had a high end quad core machine but by then adobe would have brought out an even more resource hungry app!!
    as a comparison with Sony Vegas 7.0e which I think is about he same age as CS3 version of premiere. Sony uses only 40mb on startup!! compare that to
    60mb for prem pro 2 and 219mb for prem CS3 and 341mb for CS4 !! I also find Vegas more stable and its seems less fussy about importing media.
    Last edited by elwoodetubes; 08-03-2009 at 07:09 PM. Reason: wanted to add something

Default Same Problem

I am Having the same problem on my 7 Copmuter. I have a 2.33 Ghz Quad Core 4 GB of Ram and A 220 GTX Graphics Card