Thread: Audio Help...

Default Audio Help...

Here is my problem. I am new to video editing. I need to create a song that goes along with a skit my classmates will be doing. I need to get the music of a song (without the words) and add my own words to it that follow the same melody, but aren't the same words.

So...
    1. How do I remove the words from a song (if possible)
    2. Are there any programs I can download/buy that can sing the words I type into it? If not, can someone please recommend a program that allows me to save the audio of a robot (or friendly voice) and add it into the song?

Additional Detail:
    1. I am running on windows Vista
    2. I am new to these forums. Seems like a nice group of people to help me out with my new found video editing love.

You can do it with Vegas very easily, providing that the vocals are panned in the middle. Take your audio and duplicate it to a second track. Right click on the first audio segment and select Channels>Left then on the second select Channels>Right. On the Right hand side, you will see a button that looks like this . Click on that and it will invert the chanel that you do it to. What this is doing is subtracting what is common between left and right (the vocals and what ever is panned in the middle). If you loose too much, you can pull the pan on track one and two out until you get the right blend.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Blog Entries

' IF ' thay are in the middle and have little reverb and ting it ' might ' sort of work.... but probably not. It also usually makes the music sound odd.

Dont pay for some schill app that says it can do it - all thay do is what CP says to do in an editor. Getting karaoke versions is the best way to do this.

Blog Entries

Oh puh-lease.

Someone with a first post, asks a question which has been answered many times before in a way which implies that there is some sort of magic software which he needs to find.
    Then, purely coincidentally, someone else, with their first post recommends some crappy software which (supposedly) will do what the OP wants.

NEVER, EVER, CLICK ONTO ANY LINK OR DOWNLOAD ANY SOFTWARE RECOMMENDED BY A POSTER WITH LESS THAN 10 OR SO POSTS.

(Even if you're really sure that your anti-virus and anti-spyware software is up to date and switched on)

Read what Mr Chapman has written, that's the best way to try and remove vocals. There is no magic software which can do a better job. Whatever you buy or try it will sound poor. Buying a karaoke CD is the best way to go.