Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: problems with Video FX plugins interface

Default problems with Video FX plugins interface

Hello
    I'm using Sony Vegas Pro 8 on my two computers. On my laptop I'm running XP Home Edition with 2 Giga of RAM and on my big computer (DAW) I'm running XP Pro with 4 Giga of Ram (my DAW is not connected to the internet).
    On my laptop I'm having no problems with the Video FX plugins but in my other computer I'm experiencing strange beaver of the plug-in interface, when I open a Video FX plug, part of the plug-in interface is missing, for example: If I'm using the Color Corrector with the three wheels only two of them are visible in the interface and also other parameters of the plug-in are missing.
    I was not able to locate any problem and wasn't able to solve that problem.
    I'm asking for some help solving that problem.
    Thank you very much in advanced

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ehudie View Post
    strange beaver of the plug-in interface,

Sounds like a great "B" movie!

Ahem! Back on topic...When you say that part of the plug-in inteface is missing, do you mean there's just empty space where the controls should be or do you mean the Window won't resize to display them?

Also, have you had this problem since installation or has it developed.

And where did you get your copy of Vegas from? This sort of behaviour is consistent with warez and the like.
    Tim

Blog Entries

I bet you just need to undosk and enlarge the window.

Hello
    Thank you for the responses. Part of the plug-in interface ismissing there's just empty space where the controls should and it's not a problem of resizing. The problem didn't developed it occurred as soon as I installed my copy of Sony Vegas pro 8 on my DAW .I reinstall the application and tried different thinks but non of them seems to work, part of the video FX plug-ins interface is gust missing. I have SV8 which I bought from Sony but my license as far as I know is for one computer but my friend is using my copy on his own computer with out any problems the problem appeared for the first time on my DAW.

Blog Entries

I doubt it is a liscense thing.

It's doesn’t really solving the problem
    But thanks any way

Blog Entries

This is indeed strange. Your licence covers you for two computers (not used at the same time) so I'm sure it's not a licencing issue.

So it's a bug/clash. Report it to Sony Creative Media via the sony website. They might take a while but they WILL respond. You've paid good money for it after all.

Be warned, the response is quote likely to involve uninstalling/reinstalling (with additional steps) so be prepared for a lengthy exercise and save anything crucial to different folders/disks.
    Tim

If not an Issue as all preferences are lost I think if you hold the SHIFT key while Vegas is firing up it will reset all things to new install.

Hello
    Is there any parameter in the registry or in the device manager that might influence that kind of behavior, I'm going in that direction because few changes have been made to my DAW in order to increase audio work flow performances. I did same experiments with my two computers and reinstalled the same copy I'm using on my DAW, on my laptop just to find out that on my laptop I have no problems with the video FX plug-ins interface.
    I would be much grateful for any help in solving that problem

Blog Entries

Is your copy of veags fully pateche and updated ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast