Thread: Star Wars title effect

Default Star Wars title effect

Creating a video for a 70th birthday, and wanting to do a spoof of the famous Star Wars titles. You know the one, where set against a shot of the stars in the sky, there is the opening title sequence "Long ago in a galaxy far away....". The words scroll but look like they are going away from you before disappearing into the distance.

I use Vegas 8 pro, but can't see a preset that would help. Anyone know of any tricks or plug-ins that might help me achieve the effect. Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Create your scrolling credits/titles, preferably on a track on their own. I presume you know how to do this.

So now you have a set of titles that simply scroll bottom to top. What you need is something to "tilt" what you've done away from you, right?

On the track header (the bit at the left hand end of the track) find the icon for "compositing mode". Click and change the compositing mode from "Source Alpha", to "3D Source Alpha" (I think - it's 3D something anyway)

Now on the track header look for the icon for track motion. When you click on this you can now move your "flat" image in a 3D space which will allow you to perform the tilt required.

(PS This probably would have been better posted in the Sony Vegas section - the Cinematography Section is not realy intended for technical issues)
    Last edited by TimStannard; 03-31-2009 at 02:51 PM.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Lols - people often ask me to do this.

I do as said above - mask it over a star field too - I stole mine from tos star trek once - and have also used a slowly cropping in track motion hubble pic.

Add some fade to the ' top ' of the scroll too.

Blog Entries

And all the s war type faces ar on te net too.

Find somebody who has a Mac computer with iMovie installed. That title effect is a preset in that App. Import your footage into it and add the effect, then export.

If you have after effects its pretty simple too. Just put your star field on one layer (AE even may have a built in plug-in star generator), and then in a layer above that write your text. Then make the TEXT layer 3D, and tilt it back in space. Then keyframe it from the bottom of the screen, going out the top. But obviously if you don't have AE, I guess this isn't too helpful. I don't have or use Vegas, so I can't help you there unfortunately. If Vegas allows you to make layers 3D, maybe the same principles could apply?

Default hi!

If you could visit a country for its cuisine only where would you choose?

Default Hey I'm new

What's up everyone, my name is Shaun. I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. I hope I posted this in the right section!