Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: help w/ dvd's- Vegas 9

Default help w/ dvd's- Vegas 9

first post on the forum, but have been using it as a great resource for a while now.

my question has to do w/ getting content from dvd's onto Vegas 9. i've searched this site (as well as some others) and can't seem to get an answer. I know sony says that you cant use content from dvd's because they are in .vob format. is there anyway to utilize these types of files, ie changing them to a different file type (if so is there a program that i can get to do this?)?

i have a bunch of my younger brother's football dvds from high school and was trying to make a highlight reel for him (none are protected or anything like that). Any help is greatly appreciated.

Blog Entries

This should work - copy the vobs to your hard drive.

Try editing them. If it wont work then...

Try renaming the file extension from vob to mpg

That should work.

If both the above fail try a free app called super c to convert the vobs to - say - dv, that will deffo be editable.

Blog Entries

And I think there amy be an impost from dvd function in the file or edit menus. Try that first.

mark;
    i have the files downloaded onto the hard drive, but how do i edit them to .mpg? i tried to find that super c program, but i cant seem to find the actual link to start downloading it. i'm definitely not a vet when it comes to video editing; i know that this must be like talking to a second grader to you, but i appreciate the help!!

did you try the import feature.. file>import>dvd camcorder disc?
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Quote Originally Posted by Chapman Photography View Post
    did you try the import feature.. file>import>dvd camcorder disc?
    that did the trick. I guess I woulda been able to figure it out if it said import>dvd (instead of camcorder disc)..thanks!..

also, i saw in another thread someone asked how to make players "pop out" or appear in 3-d in videos and you mentioned a publication called Post that had an article about it. Do you know if they have a website where I could check on that? Or does anyone else know how to do something like that? Dont know if I have the tech savvy to pull it off, but it would be a cool addition.

Post Magazine

they have a lot of articles on there
    Wil

Software Used:

excellent, thank you...

although now i've been getting a different problem!

everytime i start adding files/editing, vegas locks up and has to be restarted (which is really annoying considering evertime i load it up again it takes a couple minutes). is this due to using alot of different files in the project? most of the original footage that i'm using is broken up by play (they are football games), so for each game there are a ton of 20-30 second clips. I'm only using select clips, but they add up quick.

What version are you using 8.0C? I had issues with Vegas 6 but none with 7 and 8..
    Wil

Software Used:

movie studio 9 platinum...just bought it this past summer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast