Thread: Sony Vegas 8.0

Default Sony Vegas 8.0

Hi,
    I got Sony Vegas a few days ago and had a problem with previewing video and uninstalling all my codecs and then installing K-Lite (Full) fixed it. So I got it working now, i have a 9min 480x360 60mg .avi file i added reverb and upped the contrast on it now when I render it takes so long that i have to cancel it cause it would take 15 hours to render. I got one combination of codecs to render within a hour and then the file that got saved was 3gb. Am I doing something wrong? Cause I hope so. Is there a way to make the process faster and have smaller files?

I just tried it again and it turned a 20mb file to a 6gb avi

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox187 View Post
    Hi,
    I got Sony Vegas a few days ago and had a problem with previewing video and uninstalling all my codecs and then installing K-Lite (Full) fixed it. So I got it working now, i have a 9min 480x360 60mg .avi file i added reverb and upped the contrast on it now when I render it takes so long that i have to cancel it cause it would take 15 hours to render. I got one combination of codecs to render within a hour and then the file that got saved was 3gb. Am I doing something wrong? Cause I hope so. Is there a way to make the process faster and have smaller files?
    The size of the file is dependent on length and codec. What are you rendering to? and what are you rendering for? DVD, web etc..

If its taking a long time to render, im guessing either you have a lot of programs running or your pc spec are to low and it can't keep up.. 15 hours for a 9 minute video is insane..

Give us more info and we can help better, system specs, OS, vegas pro 8 version letter, etc..

Edit:
    ok you're rendering to AVI, there lies the problem.. If you're rendering for the web give this Tutorial I made a try.. These settings work well for me, in fact its the same settings I used for this tutorial..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H__y08yUu6w"]YouTube - Sony Vegas Youtube Settings ( Tutorial )[/ame]
    Last edited by Chapman Photography; 03-30-2009 at 06:06 AM.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

oh ok
    its a 60mb .avi file thats 9 mins 30 secs
    480x360
    the codec for it is S-Mpeg 4 version 2.
    My system specs are 2ghz cpu, 512mb ram, windows XP

I'm trying to add reverb and contrast to it before i post it on youtube. When I render it it becomes a 2-6GB file thats why it takes so long. I been trying rendering it with different settings and saving it as a mpeg, wmv, etc but it always ends up having some rediculous filesize. The video is chick fights, and a lot of it is crap video quality that was probably recorded on peoples cell phones so it don't make any sense why it ends up with a filesize of 2gb - 6gb.

It worked saved as a .wmv file (50mb)