Thread: My first Trailer

Default My first Trailer

I'm just starting to get into the relm of video editing. I am working on a year in review video for the club I race in and there sponsors. I need lots of imput, I don't care if it is good or bad.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOOxfrCVdSk"]YouTube - Promotional trailer[/ame]

Thanks
    Kevin

I highly recommed watching it in HQ mode

Blog Entries

I highly recommend posting it in the right section, namely the Users Videos.

This is the Cinematography section "This is the place to be for all the non-techie solutions."

The quick fades to black with the page peel transition is too much, INO overkill and not necessary. The video should be about the cars, drivers, victories and not about transitions and FX. The opening box with sponsors was very nice. With the dynamic music you have, it might be fun to cut with the beat. Perhaps mix up sustained shots with a variety of fast cuts that fit together kinetically.

Blog Entries

At the risk of sounding a bit anal... Please don't review videos in this section.

The idea of having different "rooms" is that we can pick and choose what interests us. The cinematography room is for questions and answers about video/film making, not for reviewing You-tube offereings. There is a whole section for that, it's even the most prominant section of the opening page so that those who want to promote their videos don't have too look too hard for a place to post them.

The "older" members here pestered the webmaster for a long time to get the Cinematography and pre-production slots, please don't encourage others to make it into another "Users Videos".

Meant in a friendly way, hard to put across in print without it sounding like a ticking-off which it ain't.

It didn't come across the wrong way. How do I change it to another area in these forums?

My apologies.