Thread: I can't match the sound length with the video length..

Default I can't match the sound length with the video length..

When I try to insert the Tourette's Guy sounds, I first 'silence' the current sounds in the highlighted part, and than paste the Tourette's Guy sound into it. I believe this is lengthening the sound so it doesn't match the video length.
    Also, how can I easily select just the right starting second and ending second to highlight whats in between the two?

Blog Entries

Huh?

Are we meant to know what you're on about. Tourette's Guy? What's that all about?

I understand perfectly every word you use but the meaning of your sentences are lost on me, I'm afraid.
    Tim

The sounds of the video are longer then the visuals of the video.
    Also, if I'm using a full movie, how can I make the parts I'm editing into clips that start after each previous clip?

Blog Entries

Sorry. I am totally failing to understand you

Quote Originally Posted by Omera View Post
    The sounds of the video are longer then the visuals of the video.
    How did you arrive at this point? Did you just place some video on the timeline and it arrived like that? If so, what is te source of the video?

Quote Originally Posted by Omera View Post
    Also, if I'm using a full movie, how can I make the parts I'm editing into clips that start after each previous clip?
    You'll really have to try to explain yourself in a different way.
    Do you mean if you have video on he timeline and delete, say, the video between 10 and 20 seconds, how do you shift all the video to fill in the gap, then use Auto-Ripple or Post-Edit Ripple (seach for those in help)

Have you done the interactive tutorials (also under help). You might find you save a lot of time
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Sorry. I am totally failing to understand you

How did you arrive at this point? Did you just place some video on the timeline and it arrived like that? If so, what is te source of the video?

You'll really have to try to explain yourself in a different way.
    Do you mean if you have video on he timeline and delete, say, the video between 10 and 20 seconds, how do you shift all the video to fill in the gap, then use Auto-Ripple or Post-Edit Ripple (seach for those in help)

Have you done the interactive tutorials (also under help). You might find you save a lot of time
    The length of the video sound is longer or shorter because I'm adding new sounds to the audio in an improper way I believe. I'd like to remove the voiceovers from some actors and replace them with sound files from characters in other videos, but I can't figure out any other way besides silencing the part of the character's speech and pasting the other character's voice over it.

Blog Entries

OK now we're getting somewhare. I understand what you're trying to do.
    We could spend another load of time working out exactly how pasting new sound over old is lengthening the overall sound (sounds like you've got some sort of insert edit going on) but let's not waste time on that.

I'm interested in how you are silencing the sound - whether you're splitting and changing the gain or splitting and deleting, but, assuming that this part works OK we don't need to bother with this.

Before you delete any sections of sound, make sure that auto-ripple (one of the buttons at the top of the screen) is switched OFF. This will prevent any "bunching up" when you delete anything

Rather than paste clips of sound over the top of the existing audio create and use a separate audio track specifically for the replacement sound. So you'll have lots of empty bits on that track and lots of clips which are the audio bits you're inserting.
    Tim

Thanks. I'll try this sometime today.