Thread: Video newcomer: Looking for help

Default Video newcomer: Looking for help

What technology is used on sports highlight tapes (specifically football) to spot shadow a player ?

I have hundreds of tapes of myself and my friends from our high school games that I would like to load online, but I would like to spot shadow them and myself, and even possibly flash their name across the screen.

In addition, is anyone here familiar with what ESPN uses to 3D capture and pull a player out of a clip then re-insert him back in. They do this during Draft coverage a lot, especially for lineman and linebackers.

Newbie to the site. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by ilights View Post
    What technology is used on sports highlight tapes (specifically football) to spot shadow a player ?

I have hundreds of tapes of myself and my friends from our high school games that I would like to load online, but I would like to spot shadow them and myself, and even possibly flash their name across the screen.

In addition, is anyone here familiar with what ESPN uses to 3D capture and pull a player out of a clip then re-insert him back in. They do this during Draft coverage a lot, especially for lineman and linebackers.

Newbie to the site. Thanks in advance.
    all the major editing programs can do that.. Vegas, premier pro etc. The 3d that espn uses is mostly After effects look at the publication called POST im sure their online.. they had an article on it, i'll look though my back issues..
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Hey Wil . . .

Thanks for the response. Great info !!

Were you able to find the srticle on POST that you had mentioned ?

Also, in addition to Vegas and Premier Pro, do you have any other editing programs you recommend ??

Thanks !

they have a website post.com i did look it up but they have search feature.. I'll look though my issues when I get the chance..

I've tried Pinnacle and hated it, too buggy, customer service sucks.. Nero is so basic if your serious i woundn't bother wilth it.. Personaly I like Vegas.. Premier is good as well.. and of course theres FCP on the mac..
    Wil

Software Used:

Didnt find anything at post.com . . . .

hoping you can find article ! Would really appreciate it.

Wil

Software Used: