Thread: Adobe, Don't know what program!

Default Adobe, Don't know what program!

Hi-

I know everyone in the universe is using final cut with apple but I have a PC and I'll have to use Adobe if I'm going to use my computer.

My windows is windows 95, I'm shooting on videotape, my computer is 2001, I think.

What version of Adobe should I be using with these elements? Adobe Premiere? Elements? They're all just words to me. Help.

Thanks.
    DQ

Quote Originally Posted by dqgladstone View Post
    Hi-

I know everyone in the universe is using final cut with apple but I have a PC and I'll have to use Adobe if I'm going to use my computer.

My windows is windows 95, I'm shooting on videotape, my computer is 2001, I think.

What version of Adobe should I be using with these elements? Adobe Premiere? Elements? They're all just words to me. Help.

Thanks.
    DQ
    Wow... windows 95? Really? If your PC was bought new in 2001 it should at least have Windows ME or 2000 on it, probably XP... Premiere Elements won't work in anything below Windows XP.

What's the spec of your hardware?

Blog Entries

Everyone in the universe does not use fcp, or a mac - thay just make too much bloody noise -

lmao.. yea they do Mark
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Default Huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Thorpe View Post
    Wow... windows 95? Really? If your PC was bought new in 2001 it should at least have Windows ME or 2000 on it, probably XP... Premiere Elements won't work in anything below Windows XP.

What's the spec of your hardware?
    This website is as difficult as making a film.

You're right it is XP and while I'm at it, I can't play films on my computer and I'm too poor to get it fixed but I'm not sure that will matter to the editing process, will it?

So:

1. Will the non-functioning movie programs affect my ability to edit and

2. What programs should I buy for editing?

What's the spec of your hardware?- is a foreign language to me- I can DO things but I lack the jargon to TALK about them.

Thanks for your response.

Just get yourself a 21st century computer....problem sorted.

lol download cpu-z (google it), run it and print screen each tab. post it back up

Quote Originally Posted by dqgladstone View Post
    This website is as difficult as making a film.

You're right it is XP and while I'm at it, I can't play films on my computer and I'm too poor to get it fixed but I'm not sure that will matter to the editing process, will it?

So:

1. Will the non-functioning movie programs affect my ability to edit and

2. What programs should I buy for editing?

What's the spec of your hardware?- is a foreign language to me- I can DO things but I lack the jargon to TALK about them.

Thanks for your response.
    1. That depends on how they're failing - what are the error messages
    2. Assuming your PC can handle it - give Premiere Elements a try, or have a look at any of the other trial packages of commercial video editing software.

I don't mind helping you out, but you're going to have to meet me in the middle here - get some info about your PC and we'll be able to give you more info.

You will have to give us a lot more to go on than that, what is the processor, video, RAM and hard drive specs on your machine.
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more