Thread: Canon XL1s lens on new Panasonic GH1

Default Canon XL1s lens on new Panasonic GH1

Hi,

I'm in the process of selling my Canon XL1s plus my 3.4mm F/1.8-2.2 wide angle lens. However, having seen the new Panasonic GH1 that's coming out soon ( ) and the fact you can buy lens adaptors, was wondering if it's worth holding on to the spare lens?

Here's a list of current lens adaptors for the G1 for Leica, Nikon, Canon etc so should work on the GH1
    Panasonic Lumix G1 Lens Adapters

I can't seem to find out what type of the lens mount the XL1s is and perhaps I would need to attach an adaptor to ti before attaching to the other adaptor.

Any thoughts?

thanks

Blog Entries

Even if it did work it would be weird.

That is a stills camera - likely it has a full frame ccd - the xl1 has much much smaller ccds - this means that even if it fits the effective focal length of the lens will be very different. Much much wider I think - IF it works at all.

It is wise to put video leneses on video cameras and stills lenses on stills cameras.

It's a four thirds system that shoots full HD video. They will offer a 7mm-14mm f4 lens equivalent to 35mm of 14-28mm (2x) on a full frame so the sensor is larger than a camcorder but smaller than an APSC size (1.5x) or full frame sensor