Thread: Problem RENDERING.

Default Problem RENDERING.

Hey, I'd apreciate some help; every time I try to render my short movie, this message pops up: "An error has occurred." And something about an exception. The details don't make any sense either. I just changed my RAM to 2.0 GB and my video card is a NVIDIA PCI Express 370. 2.19 gHz. AMD Athlon 64 Processor. It's a Compaq Presario, not recent. 2005ish. I don't know what to do about this, please help me out. Thanks.

Let's go back through the numbers.
    First and most important, in the past, have you ever had a problem rendering with Vegas?
    Second, are you trying to edit together several different clips from different sources ( from a bunch of different file types using a bunch of different codecs)?
    Third, you really need to be sure you have a dedicated video card and not an on motherboard integrated display adapter.
    Fourth, just for fun, put the old memory back in and pull the new memory out, just to be sure that your new memory isn't defective.

That's just a place to start.
    Meanwhile, I'm confident that the resident uber users will be along soon with some more ideas.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soudgod View Post
    Third, you really need to be sure you have a dedicated video card and not an on motherboard integrated display adapter.
    I don't believe that's the case with Vegas - my understanding is all graphics computations are done in the CPU -unless you know different Sou(n)dgod? I accept however you don't want on-board graphics taking up valuable system RAM.
    Tim

Tim, you're right.
    The official minimum system requirements don't call for a separate graphics card.
    I'm just used to every other program out there requiring one and not just an integrated on motherboard graphics chip. It does still make sense to try and have more than the minimum spec for the program to run.
    I also don't think you'd be able to have two monitors with a built in graphics chip.
    Thank you for remembering my real name, as I guess I'm stuck with the wrong spelling.

Blog Entries

Name - pm marc peters the admin - he may be kind and change it.

G card - almost irrlevant - most non game / non gfx posey apps dont care. Vegas defintiely does not care.

It is very unlikely this prob is anything to do with hardware - these rendering problems are often the result of people attempting to edit fiules that really are not meant to be edited - things like d loaded divx / xvid / stuff of doubtful provenace.

As a rule if you are editing anything other then ' virgin ' camera files you have made yourself you should suspect your media.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundgod View Post
    Let's go back through the numbers.
    First and most important, in the past, have you ever had a problem rendering with Vegas?
    No. It rendered fine when I edited my trailers. But when I try to render the entire short film -- it fucks up. It's only six tracks. Maybe 'cause it's 30 minutes, and not 3 minutes?

Second, are you trying to edit together several different clips from different sources ( from a bunch of different file types using a bunch of different codecs)?
    Well, I just moved all of the clips into one folder -- nothing. They were all m2t files, but since my PC sucks to be editing in full HD, I downconverted all of it to MPEG.

I just uninstalled Vegas; reinstalled. Same old shit. I don't get it. Quite frankly, I am pissed 'cause I worked hard on my short movie.

Any other suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by jet87 View Post

Any other suggestions?
    Yeah, but you won't like them.
    I just went through my own version of Vegas hell and in the end, Sony wasn't much help.
    In fact nobody was much help.
    It was my motherboard! Something all the way down at system level that couldn't be properly diagnosed.
    I was all the way down to testing the CPU and memory, swapping out memory, changing video cards and nothing worked.
    I got my new motherboard two days ago (forced to change to a PCIe video card and 240 pin memory because I didn't want to by a new CPU to replace my socket 478 3.4 gig P4.
    So now I'm back on track.
    Is this your problem? Who can say for sure, but if you can try to render your project on a different computer, you might find out if it's a video file problem or a system hardware problem.
    Good luck.