Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adobe Premier CS3 settings help !!

1. Default Adobe Premier CS3 settings help !!

ok guys a little help here as usual

Here is my question :
    i create a new project wideecreen 48khz, but my AVI files are all recoded with 4:3
    so, when i drag and drop my AVI file on to the timeline, it cuts the upper parts of the hair as well as the lower part of the the body, sony vegas gives you the option to change your setting to correct that...

does anyone know how to set or select the areas that needs to in the frame ?

basically , by creating a 16:9 prjoct, i t cuts the wrong areas.

if your footage is filmed in 4:3 then you should use the standard project setting and not the widescreen option. Then you won't have the problem of the footage being cut top and bottom.

If you subsequently burn your project to dvd and playback on a widescreen tv then the tv and dvd player will sort out the aspect ratio and display it correctly.

3. Default

many thanks

well, this is a music video , i like to use 16:9 ratio thing...

with sony vegas you CAN set the areas, which you wanna be in the frame
    so, you saying with premier you can't do that ?
    thanks

you can, asll you do is click the video in the preview monitor and drag it about.

Adjusting the clip properties will let you move or scale the video any way you want to.
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Engels View Post
    Adjusting the clip properties will let you move or scale the video any way you want to.

right click on the on the clip (located on timeline) gives me properties but how you change that ?

Leave the changing to widescreen to the very end, just use 4:3 settings from capture to edit and if you are going to burn onto a dvd at the end, then change from 4:3 to 16:9.

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    Leave the changing to widescreen to the very end, just use 4:3 settings from capture to edit and if you are going to burn onto a dvd at the end, then change from 4:3 to 16:9.
    ok thanks got that part, but
    the problem that i am facing is , that premier cuts the areas , which i dont want to cut from there, i wanna be able to see and set my own areas , i understand when using a 16:9 ratio aspect, obviously we will lose some areas from bottom and upper part of the video, but my question is : how do you set the setting , so instead of cutting more from top, it should more from bottom, that way i don't lose the head part?

Unless you look for some way to crop the video, but when you click on either 4:3 or 16:9 they are set in concrete and you can't change them.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    Unless you look for some way to crop the video, but when you click on either 4:3 or 16:9 they are set in concrete and you can't change them.
    well, that is very strange that such powerful software don't have control over the cropping function...
    with you sony vegas which is not as good premier , all you have to do is select the clip and there is a little square box on the corner of that clip, open it and select the areas you wanna crop...
    ill do more search on it, hopefully someone can find a way to it...
    thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast