Thread: new tutorial

Default new tutorial

This is my newest tutorial.. Im trying to get better at making these so any comments are welcome..

Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Tutorials are difficult videos to make, itís not until you go and make some you find that timing and details are the key.
    I quite liked this Photoshop tutorial on the extract tool; itís interesting as I would have approached this problem in a totally different way. I have to say I liked what the extract tool does.
    I found the video moved along, had clear instructions with a personal touch and crystal clear screen shots which for me was the highlight, I am curious how you pulled off great screenshots. I dare say thats another video on another subject.
    Of late I have seen your channel invite, and numerous videos go up of late and I will get to them next time I log on.
    May I suggest you post these tutorials onto a web site call Ďinstructablesí, I wonít post a link as it may be perceived as spam. I have had great success with my few instructional videos on that web site, yet another place to suck up your time on this place called earth. You will find instructables is very much a place for serious people and not time wasters.
    Good luck.
    Leo.
    I know nothing about youtube, even less about video
    http://www.youtube.com/user/leokimvideo

Blog Entries

Rollings - as a regular it is v unlikely anyone would percieve the link as spamming.

Thanks Rollingstock, I'll take a look at the site.. Yeah the picture quility is great.. its nothing Im doing its the software.. Tutorials are harder then I thought they'd be.. I first seen them and thought "hey I can do that just as well as they can" but I was humbled real quick when I tried doing my first one.. I like to think each one I do is better but who knows, only with time and practice will I improve.. Thank you to everyone that watches them and hopefully you were able to get something out of them. any input is welcome for its the only way I'll get better.. So please do comment, if it horrible or "rubbish" as you Brits say..lol let me know, but please tell me why its rubbish.. Thanks again
    Wil

Software Used:

Excellent, clean, clear, easy to follow. Very nicely done!! Photoshop is not a real strong point of mine, so I really appreciated this tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by HWright View Post
    Excellent, clean, clear, easy to follow. Very nicely done!! Photoshop is not a real strong point of mine, so I really appreciated this tutorial.
    Thanks, I started out in still photography, wedding, sport and product... Im planning on doing one on copyright embossing for print and web photos both internal (meta) and external.. it comes in handy if your freelance and you need to protect your property..

Thanks for the comment, Im only starting out with these tutorials so its a learning process..lol
    Wil

Software Used:

Quote Originally Posted by rollingstock View Post
    Tutorials are difficult videos to make, itís not until you go and make some you find that timing and details are the key.
    I quite liked this Photoshop tutorial on the extract tool; itís interesting as I would have approached this problem in a totally different way. I have to say I liked what the extract tool does.
    I found the video moved along, had clear instructions with a personal touch and crystal clear screen shots which for me was the highlight, I am curious how you pulled off great screenshots. I dare say thats another video on another subject.
    Of late I have seen your channel invite, and numerous videos go up of late and I will get to them next time I log on.
    May I suggest you post these tutorials onto a web site call Ďinstructablesí, I wonít post a link as it may be perceived as spam. I have had great success with my few instructional videos on that web site, yet another place to suck up your time on this place called earth. You will find instructables is very much a place for serious people and not time wasters.
    Good luck.
    Leo.
    I just went to that instructibles site.. wow what a find.. I posted all my tutorials there.. they have just about everything on there.. thats for letting me know about it
    Wil

Software Used:

Good Stuff, I love exporting to photoshop to use the awesome effects, but it is very time consuming.
    Rebelling Against Cheesy Wedding DVDs

Quote Originally Posted by Super60 View Post
    Good Stuff, I love exporting to photoshop to use the awesome effects, but it is very time consuming.
    It is time consuming. but the outcome is so worth the effort. Thanks for the comment, Im working on 2 more Photoshop tutorials as we speak.. If there's other topics of interest or suggestions to make them better I open to listen, its the only way I'll get better at them. Thanks again for watching it
    Wil

Software Used: