Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Yeah..... it's the weirdest video ever!

  1. #1

    Default Yeah..... it's the weirdest video ever!

    So this video is pretty funny I'd say!! I'd be shocked if you don't laugh, but maybe you won't. In my opinion I'd say it's pretty entertaining, but then again I did make it myself. Please note that ALL of this video footage was non-rehearsed and we just kinda did it. Of course we had an idea of what we were gonna do..... ANYWAYS!! Enough of me, here's the video; enjoy!



    Here's a shorter video if you really don't have 10 minutes..... I've got some pretty good comments on it, but you're the judge right? (This one is a music video to Thousand Foot Krutch: New Drug. Using a banana.... enjoy!



    BubleeShaark,

    P.S. Please rate and comment!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Western Europe
    Posts
    3,409

    Default

    I watched 45 seconds of your second video, I couldn't sit through 10 minutes of any first time posters video as I regard that as 10 minutes of my life I will never get back. You are going to get an ear bashing from one of the Mods for posting 2 videos with you only being a first time poster,did you not read the rules?

    The constant cutting to black and the music and the banana made me want to click on the stop button. There wasn't enough in your second video to keep me interested, you need to rethink your whole approach to making videos as I think you missed the point completely. And as they say on The Dragon's Den, I'm out.

  3. #3

    Default

    But they're funny!! The first video is halarious if you start watching it mid-way through! And the second video is SOOO stupid it's funny! I mean it's saying "you are the new drug" to a banana! Besides, you probably took 15 minutes in combination of writing your first post, reading this post, and writing the next post that you will probably dis on me for the next couple days!! Easily!!

    Btw, there might be a little barrier here, as I'm only 17, this is the first video I made, and I live in America, not the UK. Anyways-- cheers! Anyone with an edge for humor wanna watch the first one?just promise me that you don't go into watching it with any expectations of any level!



    EDIT: At about 4 minutes on the first video is when it get's kinda funny, unless you're stubborn.
    Last edited by Bubleeshaark; 03-18-2009 at 09:17 PM.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,849
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubleeshaark View Post
    But they're funny!!
    Like beauty, that is in the eye of the beholder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubleeshaark View Post
    The first video is halarious if you start watching it mid-way through!
    Who's the director and editor? That's right, YOU. If you believe the first vid is funny at about 4 minutes, then edit out the first four minutes.

    Jeez, moving pictures have been around for more than a hundred years. Your audience is not going to be wowed by seeing moving pictures. And your audience is certainly NOT going to do your editing for you.

    It's reconed you have about 10 secs MAXIMUM to gain an audiences interest on YouTube. If YOU don't think it's hilarious until 24 times that length of time has passed, try to figure how many people will actually watch as far as the hilarious bit.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubleeshaark View Post
    And the second video is SOOO stupid it's funny!
    It shows more promise, but the constant cuts through and fades though black become very annoying very quickly. The titles were good though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubleeshaark View Post
    you will probably dis on me for the next couple days!! Easily!!
    Nothing to do with "dissing" you. You posted a video on a site where criticism is invited and you have received some sound comments.

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubleeshaark View Post
    I'm only 17, this is the first video I made
    Then pay attention to the comments and learn, rather than take offence and defend your position. I suspect Spielberg's first attempt was crap too.
    Tim

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Who's the director and editor? That's right, YOU. If you believe the first vid is funny at about 4 minutes, then edit out the first four minutes.
    Yeah you're right, I should've took those 4 minutes off. If I had a fast running computer I would have. However, I had complications with the audio and I tried remaking the video several times, but my computer is just plain anoying! Still- thanks for the advice!

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Jeez, moving pictures have been around for more than a hundred years. Your audience is not going to be wowed by seeing moving pictures.
    Moving pictures??? You mean when you have a still picture and you pan it or zoom in on it etc.? I don't think I had any, do you want to explain?

    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    It's reconed you have about 10 secs MAXIMUM to gain an audiences interest on YouTube.
    Again thanks for the advice!


    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    It [the second video] shows more promise, but the constant cuts through and fades though black become very annoying very quickly. The titles were good though.
    Yeah I have an excuse for everything.... lol! I simply didn't tape enough video and had nothing to put inbetween! Next time I will tape extra, so I will not be forced to have black popping in and out.


    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Nothing to do with "dissing" you. You posted a video on a site where criticism is invited and you have received some sound comments.
    Ahha! Well I am sorry that I misjudged this sites intent. I have ran into some very mean people on other forums (Not video forums though). So does anyone have any more critisism for me?


    Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Then pay attention to the comments and learn, rather than take offence and defend your position. I suspect Spielberg's first attempt was crap too.
    Am I suppose to be happy that my video was considered crap, or that I in some way got compared to Spielberg? Haha.... thanks again!
    Last edited by Bubleeshaark; 03-18-2009 at 10:59 PM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Surrey, UK
    Posts
    10,849
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubleeshaark View Post
    Moving pictures??? You mean when you have a still picture and you pan it or zoom in on it etc.? I don't think I had any, do you want to explain?
    All I meant was don't expect people to be impressed with the fact that you made a video in the same way as they might have been 100 years ago. (And in the same way that my father - 73 - is still impressed that I can produce anything that shows on the television)

    Anyway, it seems that you have taken my post in the manner in which it was intended and eaten a bit of humble pie. You appear to be open to criticism and ideas - you should learn fast. Welcome!

    (And in six months even you'll think your first efforts were crap!)
    Tim

  7. #7

    Default

    OK titles were interesting in both the first and second video. BUT - in the 2nd video they are often not held up for long enough to be read! I had to pause on youtube to read them. So next time watch it back and see if you can actually read them.

    And please learn to spell. There is no 'e' in awfully. And it is 'shot and edited by' not 'shot and edit by'.

    And you have clearly not taken on board what I said to you about looking at how and why cuts occur in films cos if you can show me where you learnt to cut every 1/4 of a second then I'll be impressed.

    And it's not funny. Any idiot can pick a prop and do something CRAYZEEEEEEE with it and say 'that's so mad it's funny'.

    And you are supposed to be happy to be told it's crap because you are also being told why it's crap and that's a lot better than being told nothing, or being lied to and told it's good.

    And I've had a bit of a bad day today so might sound angrier than I mean to but you have come here for criticism and that's what you'll get.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Western Europe
    Posts
    3,409

    Default

    Stop going on about your age, if someone was 77 and made a video like that I'd say the same to them. Your age has nothing to do with it, learn from the comments on here and the comments other contributors have given and that way you will learn how not to repeat the same mistakes again.

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nikosony View Post
    Stop going on about your age, if someone was 77 and made a video like that I'd say the same to them. Your age has nothing to do with it, learn from the comments on here and the comments other contributors have given and that way you will learn how not to repeat the same mistakes again.
    When did I go on about my age? I'm here for criticism (did I spell that right? lol) I mentioned it ONCE and when I did you took it the wrong way. My point wasn't that I'm only blahblah of an age, you can't expect much from me. It seems that what you thought. In fact, I meant that different age groups like different types of movies, and since I'm probably the youngest here (maybe not??) I'll probably find things funny that aren't funny to you.

    With that said, you'll probably read this comment and say something along the lines: "Okay-- you're right there are different target audiences, but your videos are still crap." I realize that.

    Enough of critisizing these two videos. When I made them it was just because I was bored, and I didn't really put a whole lot of effort into it. I'm starting a new video right now, and I'll post it once I'm totally finished. I'll look foward to further help.

    Thanks!

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bubleeshaark View Post
    When did I go on about my age? I'm here for criticism (did I spell that right? lol) I mentioned it ONCE and when I did you took it the wrong way. My point wasn't that I'm only blahblah of an age, you can't expect much from me. It seems that what you thought. In fact, I meant that different age groups like different types of movies, and since I'm probably the youngest here (maybe not??) I'll probably find things funny that aren't funny to you.

    With that said, you'll probably read this comment and say something along the lines: "Okay-- you're right there are different target audiences, but your videos are still crap." I realize that.

    Enough of critisizing these two videos. When I made them it was just because I was bored, and I didn't really put a whole lot of effort into it. I'm starting a new video right now, and I'll post it once I'm totally finished. I'll look foward to further help.

    Thanks!
    Welcome to the forum.. Most of the criticism here is for the purpose of improving your skills.. don't take it to heart...

    and I understand not starting another thread for the second video but please do next time it makes it easier to follow what vid people are talking about when making comments
    Wil

    Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

    http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Similar Threads

  1. oh yeah! pluging the altvm!
    By komatoast in forum Pimp the Link
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-21-2008, 09:00 PM
  2. Yeah, I know this is old... bear with me
    By Editorstudent in forum Sony Vegas video editing apps
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-13-2007, 03:59 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •