Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: need help with video idea...

Default need help with video idea...

im tryin to make a music video where a girl breaks up with a guy and the guy would somehow be in such a bad mood to be wanting to kill her...

anyone have any thoughts of what a girl could to do a guy to break his heart so badly that he would want to kill her?

ty alot... ><

Sleep with his mother?
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

How about something more romantic lol
    But that’s a good one… a good idea for a humorous film… but im tryin to make a more serious video so yea…

Sorry about that. Just couldn't resist!
    Driftwood - Available on iTunes - www.driftwoodfilm.co.uk

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

hahaha its ok ^^

Is the song complete or are you still in the middle of deciding that aswell? If you have the lyrics they might suggest ideas for the video, for some strange reason when I read your post, the A-HA song Take On Me came into my mind (no, I'm not smoking anything illegal here at the moment) but I always thought the video was well done and ahead of it's time in terms of the style, narrative and of course the SFX.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fingercuff View Post
    Sleep with his mother?
    No guarantee. He may have a serious Oedipus fixation and a penchant for the sapphic and/or threesomes.

As for the music, something lyrically in the style of Genesis circa 1972/73 would fit the above.
    Tim

Blog Entries

chaosxsmyth - I'm not sure you've got this right.
    A heartbroken guy is NOT likely to want to kill the girl who has caused the heartbreak.

He may become suicidal. He may well become extremely angry, but it is unlikely he will direct that anger physically at her. He may kill some other poor unsuspecting subject out of his anger or despair or frustration but I do not think he would kill the subject of his affection. (Like when people smash their fists against a wall or whatever)

If you need him to kill her, she needs to do something that makes him angry and that anger needs to be stronger than any heartbreak he feels.

I think.
    Tim

Well… the song is some gothic metalish song lol… its more or less a song about death and such = =
    So yea…. Tryin to make the mv with a dark, sad, cold feeling…
    And hmm well… the overall idea of the mv starts off with this guy in a room writing something… then at the middle of his letter… his pen somehow… “leaks” ink and gets all over his paper… then a sudden rush of anger makes him push everything on the desk onto the ground and then … fade out…
    That’s the intro…
    And now the… “body” of the mv is more or less the guy and his gf having their good times… and keeps showing “flash backs” of those memories until the moment where the gf breaks up with him…
    Then… the scene cuts back to a couple minutes after he knocked all the stuff off his desk and he starts to smash everything in his room…
    After destroying his room… he goes to the bathroom and washes his face infront of the mirror… and gets dressed up in a hooded T…
    Then… scene changes again and shows him “stalking” his gf… with his hood on… and his gf finds out someone is following her, she begins to run… and since she was panicing… she runs into the middle of the road… where a car comes over and was goin to hit her… but b4 she gets hit… (while she was running.. the guy chases after her and runs faster than her…) the guy pushes her out of the way and gets killed by the car…
    End… lol
    I need more detailed plotting since this is the overall … vague idea…

Blog Entries

I would suggest that cobbling together ideas from random people is no way to create a good script. The inspiration and drive should come from you or the result will be poor.

You need vision to write, and that vidion must be yours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast