Thread: Colorisation-Adobe premiere elements 7.

1. Default Colorisation-Adobe premiere elements 7.

I was shooting some footage and making a trailer, and wanted to achieve a colorisation effect similar to the sin city movie.

Trailer of Sin City:

Can this be done in Adobe premiere elements or is after effects required for this? I know the red and blonde colors will probably only be achieved in After Effects but what about that black and white contrast?

I've used sony vegas and adobe premiere elements 4, and all I could get was a basic gray scale which does not look rich in depth or texture at all.

Any help would really be appreciated! Thank you!

With adjustments to the Image Control and various effects you should not have a problem.
    Try the 'Extract' effect, or 'Posterize', heck there are probably a dozen effects that will help you accomplish this. No matter what it will take a lot of tweaking to get it just right and I don' think there is one effect alone that will do the trick. But Premiere Elements 4 and above have the necessary effects to handle it.

Adjusting Brightness, Contract, Shadow/Highlight, all will help in achieving this effect.
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

3. Default

Thank you so much, Chuck! As always you're really helpful, especially with adobe and I appreciate it.

I know I'm probably pushing my luck, but the color contrast eg having red lips in a black and white shot, can that be done with premiere elements too? I know I'm only using 1/10 of premiere's capacity.

You should be able to do it with a second copy of the clip on another track and then apply a mask and the track matte key. Not an easy task necessarily but definitely doable. Easier to do in After Effects and probably even Premiere Pro. Maybe someone else will come up with an idea. If not, post your question over at Muvipix, they always have great ideas and a couple of people have tried just about everything
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more