Thread: Hi there, I am glad to have found you all

Default Hi there, I am glad to have found you all

Hi there, let me start by saying thank you to all the members for running a great little forum here!

So I am a resident of Virginia in the United States, but I figured you chaps (pun intended) could still help me out. Knowledge is knowledge after all right? I am a very beginner film editor, but am a cs4 wizard of sorts. I did a film project with my sister whom does a lot of digital media design, lots of advertisements and news reals and such. But in helping her I realized that Film editing is the right field for me. At the young age of 17 I realize that I love movies, and what better than to work with computers, and watch movies all day. Not only watch them, but make them better as I do.

So all of that said, I have a few general questions.

What are some of the better schools (colleges of course, in the states and else where) and degrees out there for film editing?

Final Cut Pro seems to be the tool of choice, and obviously run on a Mac with monster amounts of ram, processing power, and storage; of course it needs to look pretty as well with a good card (nvidea 8800 and better?). Just confirming yes?

Thank you all so much. If this forum isn't the place for these types of questions, I apologize. But I figure who better to ask than the people who are really into this stuff.

Thanks again!

I'm sure you won't have to wait too long before someone (who is also a first time poster, surprisingly) will give you a recommendation for a top class high quality school and include a link to it.

Quote Originally Posted by WRX_FTW View Post
    Hi there, let me start by saying thank you to all the members for running a great little forum here!

So I am a resident of Virginia in the United States, but I figured you chaps (pun intended) could still help me out. Knowledge is knowledge after all right? I am a very beginner film editor, but am a cs4 wizard of sorts. I did a film project with my sister whom does a lot of digital media design, lots of advertisements and news reals and such. But in helping her I realized that Film editing is the right field for me. At the young age of 17 I realize that I love movies, and what better than to work with computers, and watch movies all day. Not only watch them, but make them better as I do.

So all of that said, I have a few general questions.

What are some of the better schools (colleges of course, in the states and else where) and degrees out there for film editing?

Final Cut Pro seems to be the tool of choice, and obviously run on a Mac with monster amounts of ram, processing power, and storage; of course it needs to look pretty as well with a good card (nvidea 8800 and better?). Just confirming yes?

Thank you all so much. If this forum isn't the place for these types of questions, I apologize. But I figure who better to ask than the people who are really into this stuff.

Thanks again!
    Welcome to the forum.. You'll find most people here are very helpfull.. Im sure you'll find a lot of useful information on.. If you look at the top of the screen you'll see a search tab.. just enter Film school in that area.. Asking the general question "film school" is pretty open ended.. are you looking for animation, visual effects, edition, directing, cinematography.. programs at diffrent schools and departments very...
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction