Thread: Income and Expenses?

Default Income and Expenses?

Just curious to know you expense, income and the processes involved when becoming a wedding or event videography.

Expenses:
    Software (adobe premiere, etc..)
    Hardware (computer, camcorders)
    Others (tapes, transit, time required)

Income:
    Amount payed by client

This is mainly to get a basic idea of client pricing demands required while in the videography industry.

Annual income 20, annual expenditure 19-50p = happiness
    Annual income 20, annual expenditure 20-50 = misery
    Dickens.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Blog Entries

A word of advice, don't charge the client for tapes. Or rather, don't invoice the client for the tapes you used to record the event. If the client pays for the tapes then (legally) they belong to him. If you don't invoice him for them, they belong to you. Just a small point but...
    Who owns the content is another matter entirely.

As for the rest... When you start out you will underestimate your costs. Everybody does. You will also underestimate your time. Everybody does.

Finally, communication is everything when dealing with clients. Especially when taking money. Learn to communicate clearly and you will avoid a lot of the invoicing pitfalls which can occur.

Blog Entries

Why do so many people want to do weddings? It's dam dam hard work and hte most demanding and boring and fiddly work I have ever done - huge respect to those who do it well.

I want to do funerals - not weddings - much more honest occasions - and the videos would be so much more interesting.

Wedding - A Janes Cameron Film.
    Funerals - A Roamn Polanski Film.

Ha! thats a funny post Mark, love your sense of humour!

BTW, whats that book your reading. It's an obscure angle, but it looks far more interesting than weddings....

Cheers.

GDR

BTW, whats that book your reading.

My guess . . . How to win friends and influence people
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

I think Mark is too busy reading at the moment to comment

He must be ill otherwise he would have been here spitting and snarling by now.
    Send out the search parties

Blog Entries

Lols - been watching films all my speare time rthis week - home cinema rules.

I just get bored of everyone wanting to pimp on greatness with a dixons camera - people have no idea that they cant do what they think they can do too often.

" I just passed my driving test - how do I become a race car driver " - Grrr.

Blog Entries

The book?? 1000 pin up girls - about 1950s pronography and its socilogical aspect - a little bit - mostly it's the pics I like - lols.

1000 Pin-up Girls (25th Anniversary Special Edtn): Amazon.co.uk: Taschen Publishing: Books