Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sony Vegas Freezes when opening

Default Sony Vegas Freezes when opening

Hi, I'm kinda new here and I didn't really knew if this was the right place to put this here but off to the subject.

Everytime I open Sony Vegas Pro 8.0 it freezes when it says ' Creating Windows' and then I have to push the off button on my PC and then back on.
    plzz help

Blog Entries

Well - since this app cost you 100s your first move should be exchange the disc from the venodor ( prob not the issue ) and or sony customer services.

A different option would be to just download the Vegas 8C.exe directly from Sony.
    You are really paying for the serial number anyway and the first time an update is issued, you'll be downloading that from Sony anyway and not waiting for a fresh disk.
    Another thing to keep in mind is that one of the first steps Sony will give you will be to download a current version of the program from their site anyway, regardless of your buying the program on a disk or a downloadable program.
    What you don't say is if you were able to even install the program or if you've already installed the program and it is freezing when you try to run the program.

After that, the usual questions are, does your operating system meet spec, does the computer meet spec, do you have XP Service Pack 2 (or are you running Vista SP1), Direct X 9C installed (DX 10 if you have Vista), .Net Framework 3 installed, Visual Studio C++ 2005 installed, current drivers for sound and video cards installed?
    Also, instead of doing a hard reboot of your computer, you should call up the task manager and exit Vegas that way.
    Either right click on the taskbar and in the context menu, pull down to task manager or do Ctrl/Alt/Delete and that will bring up the task manager as well.

Edit: I just fired up my Vegas and noticed where it says "creating windows" and realized it's the last thing on the progress bar before the program actually opens. So, you do have the program installed. I'd still think about downloading a fresh copy from Sony and also be prepared to uninstall and reinstall Vegas, possibly even doing the clean install of Vegas and all other Sony programs.
    If you need instructions on how to do that, ask and I will post them or you can get them from the Sony Knowledge Base.
    Last edited by Soundgod; 03-13-2009 at 06:14 PM.

Blog Entries

^^^ yea - good point - the serial you got when you purchased the program will unlock any d loads - thus eliminating a faulty disc probelm - doh by me there.

Perhaps you are running a program that is conflicting? Try closing all programs then opening vegas. My Vegas used to do that with AOL Instant Messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark W View Post
    ^^^ yea - good point - the serial you got when you purchased the program will unlock any d loads - thus eliminating a faulty disc probelm - doh by me there.
    No "doh" on your part. Only more recent experience on mine.

Ok. I tried what Nod7667 said and it worked so thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by xFeaR l BeAsTx View Post
    Ok. I tried what Nod7667 said and it worked so thanks!
    No Problem!

Blog Entries

Weird conflict that.

It never ceases to amaze me how some computers (like mine when the motherboards aren't messed up) can run Spy Sweeper, Norton AV, Norton System Doctor, and Lord knows what else in the background and not even hiccup and someone elses computer will choke with only AIM running in the background.
    Windows computers are such finicky things, aren't they.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast