Thread: Video Project In 800 x 600?? Sony Vegas 9

1. Default Video Project In 800 x 600?? Sony Vegas 9

I just bought Sony Vegas 9.0 Platinum Edition. But my video project is always 720 x 480 x 32. The video I import is 800 x 600. How do I change it so the video project is 800 x 600, and it renders 800x600??

2. Default

Did I ask a dumb question?? I see people looking at the post, but no one answering. Can anyone help??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tcr1016 View Post
    Did I ask a dumb question?? I see people looking at the post, but no one answering. Can anyone help??
    You only posted today.
    We have a small number of high quality posters. Give it a day or two.

Would you prefer 100 people either saying "Dunno, mate" or giving you false informatiion? Most people who read a thread are unable to or don't feel they can accurately answer or contribute so they don't clutter it up with rubbish. Others, like me, might browse the thread whilst away from their Vegas machine and decide they need to check it out. And maybe later can't answer it.

Let's look at this another way, shall we? How many threads have YOU helped out on?
    Tim

Blog Entries

OK I've had a look - and remembered another reason. Many have the Pro version of Vegas and it doesn't follow that what you can do in Pro can also be done in Movie Studio.

So I checked in Pro, then checked in my MS Platinum v6. I'm guessing it'l work in 9 too.

You want to change your project properties? File | Properties and there it is. Simply type in your new width, height and anything else (I'm guesing this is computer multimedia so you'll probably want a pixel aspect ratio of 1)

When you get settings that work for you, save it as your 800 x 600 template.

Edit: and Interlace as none, full resolution rendering quality as best...
    Tim

5. Default

Thanks for the help Tim. One more question: what do I set the Field order as??? Yes my media is recording the screen of my games with Fraps.

I am green to video editing, so unable to answer anything. I am so green I glow
    Last edited by tcr1016; 03-12-2009 at 12:39 AM.

Blog Entries

If interlace is set to none, there is no field order (either it won't let you change it or it ignores it). Interlacing does not have fields, hence there cannot be a feld order
    (Do a wiki on interlacng if you really want to know more)
    Tim