Thread: Problems with Adobe Premier Elements 2.0 (APE)

1. Question Problems with Adobe Premier Elements 2.0 (APE)

Hi all,
    Can someone help me with a couple of issues that are causing me a little bit of stress...we use a Sony camcorder DCR DVD803E.
    1. The camera came with software to import video onto the PC. Works fine for viewing on the PC. However when I import these same files into my APE project to edit and spruce up, they have lines - almost like window blinds on them, and appear unusable. I have tinkered with various settings but suspect this problem may be because so much of the quality is lost when the camera software converts the video to mpg files for viewing on my PC? Does anyone have experience of this...or can anyone suggest a decent converter that would enable me to convert from vob to say mpg without losing so much quality (a big ask I suspect..)?

2. In order to sidestep the above I normally bring files straight in off the dvd (.vob files). This works fine about half the time. In the other cases the video comes into APE with some frames missing, some sections with no pictures and others with the soundtrack not aligned with the video. This is mystifying - I don't think its a disc issue as the same discs play fine on the PC and in the dvd player, and using the software in 1 I can import the clips onto the PC (albeit in the format that doesnt work in APE..). Its just when I want to bring the vob files directly in to edit in APE that things go awry. Can anyone suggest a solution...?

Thanks.

1. The field dominance needs to be reversed, that will solve your problem. Right click on the clips, choose Field Options and then Reverse Fields

2. The best method to solve this problem is to combine all VOB files into one before importing into Premiere Elements. This can be done on the command line
    muvipix Community • View topic - Combine VOB files using Command Prompt
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more