Thread: LOST TIMELINE.

Default LOST TIMELINE.

HELP. LOST MY TIMELINE

I HAVE JUST RECEIVED MY COMPUTOR FROM THE REPAIRERS AS I HAD A MAJOR FAULT. OBVIOUSLY I LOST EVERETHING ON IT. I'VE JUST RE-lOADED MY PREMIER PRO 7 AND HAVE NO TIMELINE. EVERTHING ELSE IS THERE BUT THAT. ANY IDEAS. THANKS.

I understand this in 3 ways

1) you reloaded on a clean harddrive (just the software) and your project is not showing up)

--> reload the project from your backup and use File/Open Project (or open project from the initial spalsh screen)

2) you reloaded the software and your project backup (make sure your reloaded backup contains all the original capture files), you open the project but the Timeline window is not showing

--> make sure its not minimized somewhere (you can look in Window/Timelines to see if a timeline window exists in a minimized state) or double-click on the Sequence 01 icon in your Project window if you accidently closed the timeline window

3) you have all windows showing (including the timeline window) but the timeline window is devoid of all your hard work --> load a different backup or make sure your reloaded backup contains all the original capture files, or, sadly, redo your edits.

Hope this helps
    My System Specs:

Cameras: 2 x Canon XL1s
    Computer: Dual Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz processors (hyperthreaded) - Intel SE7505VB2 mother board - 2 Gb PC2100 RAM kingston -Adaptec FireConnect 4300 -2xseagate 10K scsi hdd 150G ea -2xseagate 7200 ide hdd 200G ea - Plextor PX-708A DVD burner - ATi Raedon 9800Pro video with Dual SUN 21\" monitors - Sound Blaster Platinum live!
    Software: Windows XP Pro with SP2 - Pyro Pro (adobe\'s premier pro, encore DVD, and audition bundle)