Thread: Premiere is going nuts

Default Premiere is going nuts

Ok, so Premiere crashed on me once- big deal. Not really- now its crashing everytime i open this one project- all the other project work fine. Whats up?

Don't know why it would do this. A possible workaround is to make a copy of the project, then try to open that instead. Sometimes works, worth a try if you haven't already.

Try resetting the Cache and Preference files by starting Premiere while holding down the Ctrl + Shift + Alt keys
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

i've tried making copies- that didn't do anything except for stop bringing up the "project recovery" window pop up. is the Ctrl+Shift+Alt a preferences reset?

Quote Originally Posted by pablok2 View Post
    is the Ctrl+Shift+Alt a preferences reset?
    Yes, there are occasions where the preferences and plugin cache files get corrupted, this basically will create new ones. You may have to go back and reset some of you preferences if you have made changes but there is no other option when this happens.

If it wasn't a regular enough occurrence then Adobe would not have made hot keys to do this

There are other possible causes of your problem and this is one of the first, easy, steps to try and solve it. This may or may not work, hard to tell until you try it.
    This is the same for Premiere Pro or Premiere Elements
    http://muvipix.com Everything you wanted to know about Premiere Elements and more

ok- i tried the hotkeys and it did help let me export my video since it was a finished project. but after a few minutes after exporting it crashed again-so... i figured out the problem was actually in (vista's) explorer.exe cuz i remebered that explorer crashed right b4 premiere. i appreciate the help tho

oh yea- i'm pretty sure exploder damaged that one project file, the other projects seem to work fine (for the time i used em)
    Last edited by pablok2; 03-10-2009 at 10:04 PM.