Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems Rendering to AVI and WMV in Sony Vegas 8.0 Pro

Unhappy Problems Rendering to AVI and WMV in Sony Vegas 8.0 Pro

Everytime I try to render my project to .avi it stops at 8% and says an error has occurred that can't be identified. T_T So I tried to render it to .wmv but it says an error has occurred as well!! Someone help me please x.x

I experienced that once. It was because my disk ran out of free space to render on.

but my disc has a lot of space T.T

Blog Entries

Probably a dodgy clip. Remove clips until you find the culprit (or prove it's not)
    Tim

I disagree.
    It's time for you to contact Sony directly.
    I've been having major, massive problems rendering anything using Vegas and also in rendering finished DVDs using DVDA 5 (4.5 and 3 as well).
    I have done numerous clean installs of all Sony programs and have now gone all the way to clean installs of Windows XP and nothing other than Vegas only to suffer the exact same problems. My problem is so severe that it has been escalated to the actual engineering development team. My only thought is the problem is at motherboard level.
    I'm not saying your problem is the same as mine, but it is a possibility.
    Of course, it could be your source clips are "funny". Sadly, that isn't the case for me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soudgod View Post
    I disagree.
    It's time for you to contact Sony directly.
    </p>Sorry to hear about your problems Soudgod. Unless you have a uniquely corrupt version of Vegas or Windows, your problem is related to your hardware or drivers (which I accept may well be in incompatiility between Vegas and a driver and Sony may well ake on the responsibilty of fixing this. It MAY be the same for the OP, but for experience of posts here,it is more likely to be one or more dodgy clips. YouJam - by all means report it to Sony. They'll almost certainly have your reinstalling etc after they've had a look. I'd suggest ALSO (or before that) going for the simpler, less destructive approach of eliminatng dodgy clips.
    Tim

Tim, not to threadjack too badly here. (By the way, my user name is supposed to be Soundgod, but something happened during registration)
    My problems most definitely are not dodgy clips. I'm working with fully finished Vegas rendered projects. Also, it is very doubtful that it's a new incompatibility issue of hardware and software as my clips were rendered on this very machine using both Vegas 6 and 8. There has been no new hardware added in around 2 years. That is what is leading me to think it's some sort of issue with the motherboard itself.
    Back to Yam Jam though.
    Yes, you probably do need to try rendering out each of your clips as either an AVI or WMV by itself to see if one of them is the problem. Hopefully you will be able to sort out your problem that way. Of course the next step after that will be the clean install of Vegas, which tends to be a pain.

Blog Entries

Tim, not to threadjack too badly here. (By the way, my user name is supposed to be Soundgod, but something happened during registration)

My problems most definitely are not dodgy clips.
    That was understood.

I wasn't suggesting it was any new incompatability either (and neither had you suggested the problem had only recently arisen), simply that is is some incompatibility somewhere which, given that you've bent over backwards to eliminate just about everything else with clean installs on a "vanilla" Windows else must mean some incompatibility with your particular machine - and you seem to be leaning toward the same conclusion.

Just out of interest, as it's an easy test to do (***), have you tried swapping out the RAM? This isn't unheard of.

(*** = if you have access to some spare RAM, that is)

[/quote]
    Tim

Tim, yes, I tested the RAM last week as well. I have two 1 gig sticks, so I tried one, then the other alone. No difference. I then used MEMCheck on the full 2 gigs and they came up clean. I also used HotCPU (I think that was it) and the CPU also passed.
    Again, this isn't an incompatibility that existed out of the box. This is something that has progressed over time and has simply gotten worse and worse. Again, this is what leads me back to the motherboard itself, and we all know how complicated they really are down at system level.
    At this point, all I'm waiting for is definitive word from Sony that it is the motherboard before I go out and spend a bunch of money I can't spare. (Let's face it. I've got nothing but Socket 478 P4s and there's only one motherboard available for them and even at that, I'll still need to buy a new video card because it doesn't have an AGP slot, only PCI express 16).
    At least the wife's computer is running Vegas fine for me, when I can use it.

I'm guessing you've done all this - you sound pc-savvy:

1] Your set aside for RAM Previewing and Threads

2] Dust, hair and detritus on any fans, esp the fan over the CPU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast