Thread: New Guy (or: one of the many lurkers)

Default New Guy (or: one of the many lurkers)

Hiya

I've been lurking around for a while, and I must say that every problem I have encountered has been answered in a thread on this board somewhere. I commend some of you on your thourough knowledge of some tricky issues, and your willingness to pass the information along to us.

Thank you. But this time all my reading of posts has not turned up an answer for my current problem.....

After exporting my video (to DV AVI) with a 'denoiser' filter I get a random popping noise distributed throught the length of the video. I reran the export without the denoiser and found that the same effect was there but I couldn't hear it through the hiss - the denoiser just made it more apparent. When I use headphones on the camera the noise is not there. All of my audio clips are at 48000Hz-16bit-stereo.

Maybe someone has heard of this phenomenon and can shed some light on it? I'm beginnig to suspect a hardware/cabling problem

Thanx in advance

System Specs:

Cameras:
    2 x Canon XL1s

Computer:
    Dual Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz processors (hyperthreaded)
    Intel SE7505VB2 mother board
    2 Gb PC2100 RAM kingston
    Adaptec FireConnect 4300
    2xseagate 10K scsi hdd 150G ea
    2xseagate 7200 ide hdd 200G ea
    Plextor PX-708A DVD burner
    ATi Raedon 9800Pro video
    Sound Blaster Platinum live!

Software:
    Windows XP Pro with SP2
    Pyro Pro (adobe's premier pro, encore DVD, and audition bundle)

Blog Entries

Have you changed the frequency from the original source (48000Hz). Try lowering the gain of your audio too.

Thanx for your reply Marc

I make no frequency changes when I capture the original source.

When you say 'Try lowering the gain of your audio too' , do you mean

1) while filming
    or
    2) during the capture phase
    or
    3) post production edit and filter application

Thanks again
    My System Specs:

Cameras: 2 x Canon XL1s
    Computer: Dual Intel Xeon 2.8Ghz processors (hyperthreaded) - Intel SE7505VB2 mother board - 2 Gb PC2100 RAM kingston -Adaptec FireConnect 4300 -2xseagate 10K scsi hdd 150G ea -2xseagate 7200 ide hdd 200G ea - Plextor PX-708A DVD burner - ATi Raedon 9800Pro video with Dual SUN 21\" monitors - Sound Blaster Platinum live!
    Software: Windows XP Pro with SP2 - Pyro Pro (adobe\'s premier pro, encore DVD, and audition bundle)

Blog Entries

In post production - previous posters have claimed this eradicates any 'popping' noises. Never experienced the problem myself!