Thread: burning my video to dvd - problems

Default burning my video to dvd - problems

when i edit together a video it plays fine on my comp, but then i burn it and its like the video freezes at certain points and the audio is mildly out of sync. whenever i ask people at the local computer stores around where i live they just tell me its my computer editing software, which it isnt because the playback on my computer is perfection.

what do you all use to burn to dvd? is there any special program I am not aware of?

I use Sony Vegas Pro 8 and DVD Architect Pro 4.5 to burn... others use Adobe Premiere Pro and Encore DVD..
    It all depnds on what you like..

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

Nelson, New Zealand

Have you tried your DVDs on other players, it could be your firmware on your DVD player needs updating to handle the newer DVD's. try checking the quality of the burnt DVD on Nero CD/DVD Speed Test.

This is a little known tool that i love too.

There are a few other tools available to test the DVD's capability and readability.

i would go for this:

Ensure that you encode the project onto the DVD as Mpeg 2, VBR (Variable Bit Rate) 2 pass and play it back on your PC - If it works ok then try it on your DVD player, if it is still jumping then try it on another Newer one. Remeber for best results encode at 8mbs or higher rather than VBR.

I think you will find that as long as you are creating the DVD for use in a PAL location it will be the DVD player that is at fault, as wandering-free said, the firmware will need updateing on the dvd player.

I use Adobe all the way baby -

Encore DVD CS3

Works fine for me.

Bristol uk
    Blog Entries

I am not a dvd expert.

Is it more than one player?

Try a bit rate that isnt too high - about 9 to 10 is the highest. Do six or seven.

Try cbr encoding - I have had vbr encoding cause problems.

I often use Wondershare Video to DVD Burner. It is easy to use to the person who is not expert at dvd like me. You can google it to trial.

Hope it can help U.
    Last edited by susanzhai; 05-27-2009 at 07:20 AM.
    where there is a will, there is a way.

Default StarBurn (program for burning and mastering CD, DVD, Blu-Ray, free version)

I want recommend you a new product for grabbing, burning and mastering! It's called StarBurn!

Some words of this program:

StarBurn (100% based on StarBurn SDK) is a powerful tool for grabbing, burning and mastering CD, DVD, Blu-Ray
    and HD-DVD media. StarBurn supports all types of optical storage media (including CD-R/RW, DVD-R/RW,
    DVD+R/RW, BD-R/RE, HD-DVD-R/RW and DVD-RAM) as well as a wide variety of burning hardware. Create your
    own data, audio and video CD/DVD compilations, make a backup copies in a snap.

You can download free version here Download Free StarBurn