Thread: Is Pinnacle really this bad?

Default Is Pinnacle really this bad?

I'm beginning to regret buying the pile of cr*p called Pinnacle Studio 12 Plus. I have now spent about 3 days trying to get it to produce a useable DVD. It works up to the point where I try to 'make movie' (tab 3) but then it all falls apart- for example what does this mean: The export has been stopped because " is almost full (< 1 MB free disk space) when my Drive C has 135 GB free? anyway what is " ? If I set the quality lower it will complete the burn but then the sound is missing in some but not all parts of the output DVD even though all is well in the edit. I'm running Vista 32 bit SP 1 on an HP Pavilion - shall I give up and buy some other software?

I gave up on pinnacle almost out of the box.. customer service is a joke... My advice is to take it back and get Sony vegas studio or Adobe premier elements.. both are about the same price as pinnacle.. plus you can upgrade later at a discount... Go on both of their sites and download the trials to see what you like.. also look at the sticky for software comparisons..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...iting_software
    Last edited by Chapman Photography; 03-07-2009 at 11:32 PM.
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

I'm having the exact same problem with Pinnacle 12 - "the export has been stopped because " is almost full" after spending hours on a project, the disk gets burnt but none of the transitions have been rendered and the quality of the picture is truly awful.
    Had Studio 8 before 12 which had it's issues, which usually a reinstall would fix. I too have heard all the horror stories about Pinnacle support, but I'll give them a go and see how I get on.
    It's a real shame that Pinnacle have always been blighted with badly written software because (probably as I'm used to used the software) I find I can always get the desired results... but my patience is nearly at an end now, ver 12 is a step too far, maybe it is time to go to Adobe.
    Please let me know if you find a solution though.

*edit* Have a look at this Error
    Last edited by cheets; 03-08-2009 at 12:50 PM.

Sorry - this thread is better - Error - seems a lot of people are getting this issue.

I was assures by a salesman at the computer shop that Pinnacle 16 " was very good", and almost got me buying it. But now, I ve been watching all these negative feedback of several users, that I dont think I will risk buying Pinnacle 16. I hear a lot people here recomending Sony Vegas Studio an Adobe. May be I will go for something like that.