Thread: How do I make a video switch back and forth between two scenes quickly? (in vegas 8)

Default How do I make a video switch back and forth between two scenes quickly? (in vegas 8)

I'm trying to sync clips to a song, and want for some parts to be edited so that two different clips will be cut quickly to match the music. It's going to be quite fast, but not seizure-inducing fast. I'm guessing about 5 cuts in less than a second.

If anyone understands what I'm talking about, can you tell me how to do this?

I apologize for not specifying it in the title, but I'm using Vegas 8. It isn't possible to edit thread titles

Edit.....
    I fixed the title for you
    Wil
    Last edited by Chapman Photography; 03-07-2009 at 08:11 PM.

2. Default

Basically there are 30 frames per second (NTSC) so you are looking at about 6 frames per second. You would zoom in on your time line so that you could see each frame. Stretch or shorten each video segment to six frames and abutt them to each other. Make sure Quatize to frame is switched on. Should be simple to do, not so easy to watch.

while you're listening to the music keep your finger on the "M" key (the shortcut for placing markers) on the beat hit "M" then mak your cut on the markers, and place your other footage
    Wil

Software Used:
    TGV Edius 6, TGV ProCoder 3, DVD Lab Pro. 2

http://www.youtube.com/user/ChapmanProduction

Thank you for the quick responses. I would like to know one more thing: I take it that there is no simpler way that Vegas can do this, other than cutting it manually?

Editing is time consuming... It really wont take that long... just put markers on the beat... and cut it on those
    Wil

Software Used:

Wow, it really wasn't as difficult as I thought! Vegas was easy to work with and and my meagre knowledge of the program proved enough to get me through the task. Thanks for the quantize and marker tips!

You are very welcome.. Vegas is pretty easy to use... Its used alot in music videos as well...
    Wil

Software Used: