Thread: Magix Movie Problem - All in 4:3 ratio!!!!

Default Magix Movie Problem - All in 4:3 ratio!!!!

I'm having a real headache at the moment with my Magix Movie Edit Pro 2005 (I know old version!!). I've had this for quite a while and managed to capture loads of stuff from my camcorder and make reasonable home movies.

However, about 3 months ago every time I now capture video footage it is in 4:3 ratio instead of 16:9 widescreen. I've tried various settings etc but nothing seems to work i.e. change screen resolution presets etc both before and after importing footage, changing tab to 16:9 in "Advanced" section when opening burning menu. I can only think that the problem is due to the way the footage is imported.

Checked my widescreen camcorder - ok. Plays footage in widescreen on tv. Tried someone else's tape in my camcorder and same problem still occurs. Basically, I'm stuck - and very annoyed cos I've completed a 2 hour video that I wanted to burn - and its all in 4:3!!!

One other thing - downloaded a movie I already owned. Imported this into Magix and it played/burned ok in widescreen - so seem to think this indicates there is something wrong with the settings for when importing/capturing etc???

Help would be much appreciated!!!

I am using this software too. Have you tried clicking on file and then on movie properties. There is an option to make the movie 16:9. (this is on the edit screen, not the burn disc screen).

I am sure you have, but just to make sure.

Also I think you can right click on each individual clip and choose a movie properties option and make into 16:9.

Sorry if I am stating the obvious. I know how frustrating these things can be. Even though it is old software I still like it and have, like you, had good results with it.

Good Luck.

Thanks. Tried that before. Dont think thats it. WHen you right click and go to object properties the picture is in 4:3 mode. I can change it to 16:9 but this just stretches the image to fit the screen making everything fat. The problem seems to be that the original image is captured in 4:3 rather than 16:9. I know the camcorder records in 16:9 because this is how its played on the TV. The problem seems to be in transfer to PC.

I know that you have to use firewire (??) to ensure image properties are kept. I am using firewire so cant see this as the problem.

The only other option I can think of is that i accidently deleted some sort of driver that stopped me viewing video. I had to download and reinstall somehting. The problem may have ahppended since then, but not sure. Also cant remembrt what driver i installed? Sorry, not much detail!